x

Product Listings constantly drop out of one of my categories * BUG *

Product Listings constantly take themselves out of one of my categories

Everytime I list a one of a kind item I add it to 4 of my categories.  One of my categories is "Ready to ship".  I ALWAYS make sure that it is in that category before publishing. This last time I simply copied a listing that already had "ready to ship" as one of the 4 categories it was in and published. After publishing, I went back in a couple of times to make sure that indeed ready to ship was still listed as a category. Now 15 or so min later, the listing has suddenly dropped out of ready to ship and when I go to edit the listing it is not listed as one of the categories either. 

This has happened OVER AND OVER and I am really really sick of it. The last 20 or so times I have listed a new product on Weebly, it publishes with all of my categories listed and then somehow later that day, it drops my listings from "READY TO SHIP". It always drops the listings from the same category EVERY time. 

This is a really annoying bug, please fix it. 

@Adam

@Bernadette

Message 1 of 35
34 REPLIES 34
Square

Sorry to hear that, @Creature. Can you provide a example product where this happened?

Message 36 of 35

@Adam 

It has been happening when I duplicate (copy) listings to create a new listing. I don't know what other info you need since, I go back in and manually and add it after the category has been dropped each time, so I don't know how giving you those specific product urls would help, but let me know

Message 36 of 35
Square

Ok. Have you added any products to that category that were not copied, and did those remain in the category? Sorry for the extra questions - I want to have as much info as I can to take to our QA team.

Message 36 of 35

Just happened again. My most recent "copied" listing that I attached the "ready to ship" category to dropped from that category again. 

I copied a listing. Revised my text and photos. Added "ready to ship" to the listing and hit save. Went to my category pager and rearranged my listings so my new item I just added to that category would be shown first at the top of the page (proof that it did actually attach). I then published and went about my other business that I have to do to prepare launching an item. I went back to the ready to ship category to link to my listing on social media and noticed it was no where to be found. WTF! I open up weebly and visit my ready to ship category and sure enough, it has been removed again. I open the listing and have to add "ready to ship" back to the listing. 

I so far have only noticed this happening with "copied" listings that I add this category to. I can't say for sure, but I do know that I don't have time to invest in figuring this out for Weebly. I have given the info that can be used to reproduce the issue, instead of trying to figure out if it happens with all listings, Weebly should concentrate on copied listings with the parameters that I have already provided. 

listing 

contains 3 categories

I hit copy listing. 

I edit text photos price etc.

I add "ready to ship" to the list of categories where this piece can be found. 

This copied listing now has 4 categories it is listed in. 

I hit save. 

I exit out of product editing screen and go to the build view of my shop to rearrange my listings in the ready to ship category. There it is added to the bottom of the screen like weebly usually does, by inserting all new listings at the bottom of the queue (a rant for another day). 
I move the listing up to the top of the ready to ship page and hit publish (proof that yes it did attempt to attach if I am seeing it in the "ready to ship" build page view)

I visit my website and it is not there, I refresh thinking it is cache issue. 

I go back to weebly and look in ready to ship category page and the listing is no longer there. 

@Adam

I literally just attempted to add it to my ready to ship section three times and publish it and all looks well, it shows the pop up that it is publishingbut it does not save and is not publishing itself inside that category. This is immensely irritating and needs to be fixed. This creates zero trust with a builder if we can't even trust the builder to be saving our changes and publishing things as expected, this is too much work to have to keep reporting the same issue over and over. Weebly has been shown an issue that is not working and you guys need to fix it. 

Message 36 of 35
Square

I tried replicating this on a test site but I couldn't get it to happen, however I have a different dashboard than you and the flow is different when switching between managing the store vs editing the website and publishing. It's possible that could have an impact, although it's also possible there's something different with the data in your store since it's older and more established than my test site. I can switch you to the newer dashboard if you'd like to see if it works there since it might be a faster resolution for you. If it makes no difference I can switch you back (or leave it if you prefer the new dashboard).

Message 36 of 35

@Adam

As long as you can switch me back to the old dashboard if this new one has problems, then yes, please switch me to the new dashboard. Also, where is the ability to do this ourselves on site editor side?  I am paying for a subscription service here, where are updates about being able to use new features and why am I not getting them? Why would Weebly release a new dashboard and provide no information about it or anyway to switch to it through the old dashboard? 

Message 36 of 35
Square

We didn't roll this out to everyoe for the same reasons we didn't roll the dashboard you have (called Carbon during the release) to everyone who had been using the dashboard that pre-dated that one. If you refresh you should see the new dashboard. A couple quick notes on where things are to save you some time:

1. To edit the site, click on Website and then click on "edit".

2. When you exit the editor, click the "W" on the the left to back to the menu where "Store" is

3. If you click on your name on the lower left you can switch sites, access the Domain tab, G Suite tab, and log out.

Message 36 of 35

@Adam

I am using the new dashboard now. As you have also pointed out also, I doubt that this dashboard will fix whatever bug exists in the product listing creation process. I will report back after I perform the same function the next time I create a new listing through using the "copy listing" function to let you know if the bug has disappeared.  

I did find a new bug however, and since we are on this new dashboard topic, thought I could let you know about it here.

On the "pick up" page under "set up", "pick up" seems to be defaulted to "enabled" and turned on and after clicking it several times, it can not be turned off. It remains blue. I do not ever forsee allowing customers to select "pick up" as an option, so I need to make sure it is turned off, but it looks like I can't even do that from my end. Can you please check that out and make sure that the default is set to it being turned off and secondly that the toggle is actually functioning so people can turn it off an on themselves. Thanks. 

Message 36 of 35
Square

The in-store pickup option is only available on the Performance plan. I do think it is a bit confusing, though, that the toggle looks like it is enabled and does not allow you to turn it "off". I'll make sure to provide that feedback to the product team. For now you can disregard the Pickup section. Smiley Happy

Message 36 of 35

@Bernadette

Thanks. I was worried that it would be showing as an option for my local customers instead of shipping. I will ignore it since it does not effect me.

Message 36 of 35
Square

Update: It looks like an address needs to be set to turn of the toggle. I just noticed you were using a modified address, but after entering a valid address I was able to toggle off the pickup setting. 

Message 36 of 35

@Adam

The products continuously dropping out of categories is STILL happening. 

I just had yet another listing that randomly dropped out of category after I published it, and now when I opened up the listing to add it back to the category again it won't even let me add the listing back to the category. Weebly makes running a shop a nightmare. This is what it shows me when I try to add the listing to categories. A screen with nothing to pick from and a button that say "cancel" "done". image

Message 36 of 35
Square

That's unfortunate. 😕 

What product is that? I want to see if there are any errors that show in console for it.

Message 36 of 35

@Adam

@Bernadette

I continue to struggle with the immensely disruptive and frustrating issue of products that I add to categories randomly falling out. I just tried to add a product 6 times to my "ready to ship" category and everytime that I add it and hit save, then go to my site editor and hit publish it is in the category for a split second and then disappears. What a f'n mess. I have taken a video of the issue in action and also here is the specific product that would not stay in "ready to ship". Also, delve deep and look at the product number "443" and not just the image, try to add it and get to stay there yourself.

video

https://photos.app.goo.gl/pLd4quiBaq7tWrJK8

Problem product (but really they all are and they have been since I started this thread MONTHS AGO) there is a major PHP code issue that is creating unpredictable results and someone with that is supposedly an engineer writing and fixing code on this trash heap, needs to fix it.

I really don't want to perform some sort of magic dance every time and chant jibberish to make the code work. Please get someone to write/ rewrite the code so that hitting "SAVE" the first time in a product listing does it.

example of bad php for product listing:

https://www.weebly.com/editor/main.php#/store/products/443

Message 36 of 35

Weebly has a major issue with Product edits SAVING. This bug report represents just one of them. Please look into it. In addition to products constantly dropping out of categories due to SAVING ISSUES IN THE PRODUCT EDITING INTERFACE, I have also experienced simple things such as just correcting a typo NOT SAVING. 

I have one listing where I have repeatedly tried to change ONLY TEXT in the listing and it would not save. 

I have attempted over and over again to change a type from "ofstrength" to "of strength". Everytime I add the space and I hit SAVE and then publish and it is back to "ofstrength" I have tried over and over again. I have tried 5 times to edit only the text in the listing and it will not save. There is some majorly unpredictable code that is unstable. Weebly needs to address it. Weebly customers should expect to be able to make changes to their listings and have the edits save and not constantly have to fight with the interface to figure out how to get edits to actually record and publish.

@Adam

@Bernadette

Message 36 of 35
Square

Our QA team just did a quick test and was able to save products; which product is it that you are trying to correct the typo with, and is it the title of the product or the description?

Message 36 of 35

@Adam

Did you bother watching the video that I took that proves there is a problem with the product editor not saving predictably?

video 1 of not saving to categories repeatedly

https://photos.app.goo.gl/pLd4quiBaq7tWrJK8

I also took a video of it not saving text repeatedly. 

video 2 of not saving text edits repeatedly

https://photos.app.goo.gl/A154E5jGov9grPSs9

Please use my proof as evidence of it not working (both numerous reports and now videos because I am sick of you guys not believing there is a bug), and not the fact that someone else could make it work as proof that there isn't an issue. Please fix this issue I have reported now for over 6 months.  Thanks.

Message 36 of 35
Square

Thanks for the video - I trust you when you say something doesn't work but it helps to see it visually when we can't reproduce it. From what I saw I have a feeling the category and text issue are both just a result of any changes to the product not saving. I don't remember if I asked this before: does this only happen with certain products that are copies of other products?

Message 36 of 35

@Adam : "From what I saw I have a feeling the category and text issue are both just a result of any changes to the product not saving."

I should hope you draw that conclusion, especially since I literally stated that there is absolutely a SAVE issue in a previous response. 

This has happened on BOTH copied product listings and new product listings. There is a save issue with the product interface that needs to be investigated. I hope Weebly cares enough about their customers to fix a service that is not delivering the expected results and hurting our businesses. Not crossing my fingers though. 

Message 36 of 35
Square

it's very possible for there to be an issue saving a product description or title but not necessarily other changes to the product, and it's also possible for it to be a global issue with product saving that would affect any changes at all to a product. I'm inclined to think it's the latter, but you're correct when you said it's a saving issue regardless of the kind. 

Can you try this?

1. Open the product for editing

2. Right-click and choose "Web Inspector", then go to the console tab of the inspector

3. Add the product to a category and fix the text

4. Click save

Are there any red errors showing in console? If there are can you take a screenshot of that?

Message 36 of 35