x

The Pro plan is missing something very important

Today I have received this email:

Dear Wendy,

Your Weebly Starter subscription will automatically renew in 2 weeks! There's nothing more you need to do.

Now may be a good time to upgrade to Pro. You can enjoy more awesome features such as:

- A site search box to quickly help your visitors find the information they need
- Password protected pages to limit access to pages on your site
- HD video and audio with stunning clarity
- Advanced eCommerce capabilities

We look forward to helping you achieve your goals!

Need assistance or want to cancel? You can always reach us by visiting our support center.

- The Weebly Team

Weebly has been very useful to our project and we considered upgrading many times in the last four years, still we always end up sticking with the "Starter" plan because SSL is only included with the "Business" plan.

This year around I had a real struggle to convince everyone else that we keep our site at Weebly at all after it turned out that all competing web hosts with site builders meanwhile have SSL security included in comparable plans to the Weebly "Pro" plan.

I like Weebly and want to continue using it, please unlock SSL for the Pro plans and please try to understand that the Chrome browser in other languages than English in some cases also states "Not Secure" instead of only the circled ( i ) if a website doesn't have SSL encryption.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

Hey there! Expanding SSL is definitely something we've heard the demand for. We don't yet have any announcements regarding it, however.

Message 3 of 2