x

How to add/edit transaction note once it is complete.

It would be beneficial if square transaction notes could be added or edited after the transaction is completed.  When an employee forgets to add customer identification to check payments or transaction information to house accounts, it would help to have an option to add this information after the fact or during reconciliation.  

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Super Seller

Hi @tonysshoestore.  At this time, there is no way to make any changes to transactions after they have been closed.  Square has received more than a few requests on the Feature Request Board to allow limited changes to closed transactions, but none of them have been accepted and put on the roadmap.

Sorry to be the bearer of not-so-good news.

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!
Message 2 of 3
Beta Member

Hi Tonysshoestore,

As with any transaction, once it's complete, it's part of your account history - I don't believe there's any options available that would allow you to do what you have in mind.   Perhaps some other Community Members may have some additional thoughts.

You may want to submit your thought / suggestion via a Feature Request which can be done here.  There are lots of things we would like to have control of, for example - you uploaded item photos and now no longer need them, sadly you cannot (to date) delete them.  And then there's the curious people (like me) who created test transactions or test invoices - you cannot delete those either as they are now part of your Account History.  Heck, you cannot even make the "Coupon" option feature at Checkout a choice - there's no way to hide it if you have no plans to use it.   So you're not alone when it comes wanting some changes - hopefully down the road, some of these concerns will be addressed.

jk

Message 3 of 3