x

Square inventory not syncing with WooCommerce

Having an absolube nightmare with trying to upload my inventory from Square to WooCommerce. It has previsouly added products which we will have to delete as it has double up on some but the issue that I've got at the moment is that I have added stock levels into Square and then tried to force a manual upload within Wordpress but stock levels are not being uploaded. 😞 

Please please please help! 

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 70
1 Best Answer
Partner

Best Answer

I would recommend open a proper ticket for this plugin by going to https://woocommerce.com/my-account/create-a-ticket/

@n40beef wrote:

Only some products want to sync and there is no rhyme or reason

This isn't normal and indicates either there is a problem with the original sync or some other issue on your site. Normally the plugin will sync all products that have a SKU.

@n40beef wrote:

A lot of valuable information is also missing from each product and there are major limitations in general.

I'm not sure which platform you are referring to but WooCommerce captures a number of data fields that do not exist in Square, so there would be no way to transfer that information to Square.

As I mentioned above, I would suggest opening a ticket with us for the plugin regarding the product syncing issue so that we can have a look. This is assuming that you are using the official WooCommerce Square plugin. If you are using a plugin from a third-party developer you would need to contact that developer directly.

View Best Answer >

Message 64 of 70
69 REPLIES 69
Partner

Best Answer

I would recommend open a proper ticket for this plugin by going to https://woocommerce.com/my-account/create-a-ticket/

@n40beef wrote:

Only some products want to sync and there is no rhyme or reason

This isn't normal and indicates either there is a problem with the original sync or some other issue on your site. Normally the plugin will sync all products that have a SKU.

@n40beef wrote:

A lot of valuable information is also missing from each product and there are major limitations in general.

I'm not sure which platform you are referring to but WooCommerce captures a number of data fields that do not exist in Square, so there would be no way to transfer that information to Square.

As I mentioned above, I would suggest opening a ticket with us for the plugin regarding the product syncing issue so that we can have a look. This is assuming that you are using the official WooCommerce Square plugin. If you are using a plugin from a third-party developer you would need to contact that developer directly.

Message 64 of 70

I have this same issue.
I have 30 products on my website, only 18 are syncing from Square.
Double checked the SKUs, they were good.
Product system of record is set to Square.
I don't know what to do.
Can you help or can you send me to someone who could help? Do I make a ticket on WooCommerce?

RodRamWarrior
Message 65 of 70

I fixed it!
It was all a Square Product Setup issue.

Using: Product system of record "Square".

-SKUs have to be perfect in each - we all know that.
-Location has to be the Online store in Square - we all know that.

>>>Tracking in Square Product needs to be enabled - I didn't see that.

My products all synced after doing the Tracking in each item.
>>>If your items get Synced, but the inventories are not updating:

1. Refresh your Browser while in Square and after updating your inventory.

2. Do a manual Sync on WooCommerce.

3. In WooCommerce products, go the "Quick Edit", and hit update on the bottom right of each product.

Hopefully, your products will now be updated, as mine were.

Good luck.

RodRamWarrior
Message 66 of 70
Alumni

@RodRamWarrior 🙌

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 67 of 70

I would like to utilize the square for retail and connect to my woocommerce shopping site. Has anyone had good success with syncing inventory and orders with square and woo and if so what plugins did you use?

Message 68 of 70
Square Community Moderator

Hey there, @DanceDress1

Welcome back to the Community! 

I moved your post to a thread where some other sellers asked a similar question and were able to provide their insight. 

Take a look at the Best Answer in this thread

Circle back and let me know if you have any questions. 

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 69 of 70

It's almost 2022. Will there ever be an update to syncing multiple variations? I have tried to be patient with Square moving to ominchannel retail but it still isn't syncing correctly and still doesn't handle multiple variations like it used to. You have to make a different combination attribute for each variation as a solution. That doesn't work when you have 50+ variation combinations. We've been asking for this solution since 2017. 

Message 70 of 70