x

NEW! Printing labels for drink orders

What is the best way to print order tickets using labels?  I'm setting up Square in a small coffee cafe at my church and would like to print drink orders tickets on a label to stick to the cups.  I see I can use the Star printer with Max stick paper... but it seems very expensive.  Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 189
1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

Hey y'all ! The wait is over... Single Item Printing is now LIVE in the Point of Sale app. ๐Ÿฅณ๏ธ 

Now you can print individual tickets for drink and/or food orders and their modifiers.  

Take it a step further with printing tickets on sticky labels! My friend @AprilMarie gives you the run down about label printer and sticky labels support for iOS devices here, and @Helen shares the details for label printer and sticky labels support for Android devices and Square Register here.

I hope this message finds you well! Let us know if you need further guidance.โœŒ๏ธ 

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 148 of 189
188 REPLIES 188
Alumni

Best Answer

Hey y'all ! The wait is over... Single Item Printing is now LIVE in the Point of Sale app. ๐Ÿฅณ๏ธ 

Now you can print individual tickets for drink and/or food orders and their modifiers.  

Take it a step further with printing tickets on sticky labels! My friend @AprilMarie gives you the run down about label printer and sticky labels support for iOS devices here, and @Helen shares the details for label printer and sticky labels support for Android devices and Square Register here.

I hope this message finds you well! Let us know if you need further guidance.โœŒ๏ธ 

Justin
Message 148 of 189
Beta Member

Okay, just to clarify, I am planning on ordering the Square Register, and I have a separate iPad to view the orders through Fresh KDS. Does this mean I can or cannot use this feature? 

I know it said it's just available on iOS, but is it the main console I'm using or the one for Fresh KDS?

Sorry if it's confusing. 

Message 149 of 189
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @desertbloomco ๐Ÿ‘‹ Thanks for reaching out to clarify!

I checked in with Justin on this one. This feature will work if you've got your iPad setup with Fresh KDS, but tickets won't automatically print due to KDS just being a display system.

If you'd like to print single item tickets, you will need to create a new printer station for your iPad! Also, you are correct here, this will not be available just yet on the Square Register. 

Let me know if that helps! 

Joe
Message 150 of 189
Beta Member

I am still a bit confused. Do I need a second iPad to be able to print the tickets? I have the iPad linked as a printer with fresh kds. Am I able to set it up as a second printer?

Thanks for all the help!

Message 151 of 189

How can we get this to work with online orders? I have it setup and works great for walk-ins but still prints single ticket for online orders. 

Message 152 of 189

Interested in also getting this feature for online order printing. Any plans to get this implemented? My cafe has started offering online orders and it'd help us out if we could get single item printing for those orders as well. In-person transactions print individually which is great! 

Message 153 of 189

Hi there, @Jmanalac ๐Ÿ‘‹ Thanks for chiming in here!

This feature is still being developed for Online Store orders. Our engineers are keeping tabs of this thread, however, so we should be able to easily pop back here and update everyone when we have news to share. 

Joe
Message 154 of 189

Excellent. Thanks for responding @Joe ! Thist feature would be super helpful right now in this current climate where online orders have consisted of multiple drinks - the chaos that ensues when each transaction contains 5+ drink items easily overwhelms the skeleton crew working through the covid-19 stay at home orders.

Eager to see this implemented for Weebly online orders. Thanks for all your help in making this happen! 

Message 155 of 189

You got it, @Jmanalac! We hear you. We will continue to work to push these updates out. Thanks for your patience! 

Joe
Message 156 of 189

@Joe @JustinC Any eta on when this will be available for the register? 

Message 157 of 189

Joe, has there been an update to fix this? 

I'm thinking of using Flash Ordr kiosk which uses a number of Squareโ€™s APIs including Square Orders API and Square Reader SDK but I'm afraid that this might not work with the label printer for printing items individually; unless you can confirm that it works with the API/SDK.

Message 158 of 189

Hi @tempe - Alanah here, stepping in for Joe๐Ÿ‘‹ Thanks for following up with us on this thread.

It sounds like you are looking to print sticky labels for your items. You can find more information about this here in our Support Center, including what you will need in terms of setup.

I hope this information is helpful but please do let me know if you have any additional questions.

Violet
Message 159 of 189

@dkcarlson itโ€™s prints the whole ticket with online orders. I donโ€™t give any paper receipts. Thus one printer for all sticky paper. When the online comes up I just print on the sticky paper. I donโ€™t have a lot of online orders right now so itโ€™s not a problem but I think I need to add my other kitchen printer for online orders 

Message 160 of 189

Is this still happening two years later? Or has Square addressed this?

Message 161 of 189
Beta Member

The printer is no where to be found and we don't know what the label sizes should be. how is the going to work? 

Message 162 of 189

Where can I find the sticky paper online?

Message 163 of 189

@lmilk I would search the printer specifications online, but you can also contact Star Micronics Sales for the printer to look up ways to purchase the printer and/or the paper associated with it. 

AshleyK
Message 164 of 189

Printing sticky labels is a great and long-awaited solution, but ONLY if you have an iPad - it's not compatible with the Square Register!? Come on, Square! Please make the label printer work with ALL of your POS equipment. Surely it can be solved with a software/firmware update. Please make this happen and I'll buy one.

Message 165 of 189

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Kitchen Printer

Before I invest in a printer for the kitchen, I was told that items print as soon as you go to the next item. For example a table of 6, my chef will be getting 6 printouts with individual items instead of 1 ticket of 6 items. Is that true?

Message 166 of 189
Alumni

Well, depends on your settings. Items don't automatically print separately while adding items to a ticket. However, you might be interested in Single Item Printing with allows items to print on its own individual ticket when you either SAVE a ticket or tap Charge within Checkout. Think of drink tickets at a coffee shop. 

You'll need to set this up in your printer settings. More on this thread I moved you to. Check out my best answer ๐Ÿ™‚

@Downeys5790

Justin
Message 167 of 189

In desperate need of a label printer capable of printing a label for individual drink orders. Also looking for it to Bluetooth..... any information on when something like this may be available?? 

Message 168 of 189