x
Beta Member

Can you set prep times based on the order amount on Square Online?

Can you set prep times based on the order amount on Square Online?  I have a regular customer who orders weekly a large order, but they are all 5 min prep time coffee drinks.  However when we have to make 30+ drinks, I'd like 30-45 min prep time required.  I can only see the individual item prep time option.  Anything I'm missing?  Thanks!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Community Moderator

Hi @dragstergsr,

This would be considered a feature request at the moment! Right now, there isn't a way to specify that longer prep times are required when an order exceeds a number of drinks, for example. A workaround I could think of would be to create another item called something like "Large coffee pre-orders" and setting up longer pre-times for them. 

You can share this as a feature request here - be sure to include the information you included here, and how you'd like to use this feature in your day-to-day for our product team. 

Message 2 of 4
Beta Member

Anything more available on this?  I just had a customer place a $500 order and our typical order is 20 minutes

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

Hey @bryan2 

While I currently don't have any updates regarding this Feature Request. Something that I have seen from other Sellers and other Restaurants (even outside of Square) is setting disclaimers for large orders on their websites and restaurants. These disclaimers would provide information on what to expect when placing orders over a certain amount and also the expectation of what would be considered a catering order vs a regular Delivery or Pick Up Order. 

I still recommend would recommend you submit a Feature Request here. This will help our product team get visibility and track other Sellers with similar interest in your request. 

Important: When submitting a request, make sure to include the desired feature, and provide the details of how this feature will help your business succeed (how would you use it and what you expect from it).

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4