x
Beta Member

Does Square Point of Sale support Bitcoin as a currency option?

I use Square Point of Sale for my restaurant and a few customers have asked if I can accept Bitcoin.  I've seen a few articles stating that the point of sale app will add support sometime soon, but I haven't been able to find out any more about that.

Does Square Point of Sale support Bitcoin?  If not, are there plans to add that support in the near future?  And, if it is available, it needs to be pretty simple so I can train all the staff to use it. 

thanks.

The title of this post has been edited from the original: Square Point of Sale support Bitcoin?

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 109
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Can I accept crypto currencies?

Hey @MetaJoe!

Good question. At this time, Square POS does not accept bitcoin or crypto currency payments.

Take a look at the best answer in this thread for a workaround suggestion. 

1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

It is not currently supported directly.  That would be interesting to accept but many people are scared of it as it is a virtual currency that fluctuates wildly sometimes.

You could accept bitcoin payment directly to your Bitcoin wallet and use Square Register and mark it as "other" in the payment field.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 109
108 REPLIES 108

Hello everyone, I have two questions are there any banks that will allow me to purchase bitcoins.  I just discovered my bank does not allow it.  The second question can I use my Square debit card card to purchase Bitcoins from site like Paxful, Coinbase and other exchanges.  I will transfer my bitcoins to my wallet.   Thank you 

Message 85 of 109
Admin

Hey @Beebella21z!

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community.

At this time, you’re unable to link the Square Card to other peer-to-peer payment apps like Venmo or Cash App. The Square Card team is constantly improving the product based on customer feedback, so keep an eye out for any updates in our Seller Community

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 86 of 109
Beta Member

Is this something that has been considered or put into the development plans for Square? While we would love to accept BTC as a payment method, we understand that's not the easiest thing for Square to implement at the moment.

However, if we could easily use our Square balance to purchase Bitcoin (potentially via Cash App), we would love the opportunity to do so.

Thank you in advance!

Message 87 of 109

Can my square deposit be transferred in bitcoin to my wallet?

Message 88 of 109
Square Community Moderator

Hi @JimmysBBQ and welcome to the Community.

We don't offer any kind of Bitcoin services at this time with Point of Sale no. 

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 89 of 109

thank you.  

Message 90 of 109

I want point of sale payments to my business to immediately convert to bitcoin.  Will this ever be possible?

Message 91 of 109
Alumni

Hi @nickalanschmidt + welcome to the Seller Community!

This isn't something that is currently possible, and we also do not have any timeline to share at this time. We'll be sure to hop back here to provide an update if we have news to share, so stay subscribed to this thread to be notified.

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 92 of 109

Is there a way to accept bitcoin, ether, and other crypto currencies through the square register?

Message 93 of 109
Admin

Hey @MetaJoe!

Good question. At this time, Square POS does not accept bitcoin or crypto currency payments.

Take a look at the best answer in this thread for a workaround suggestion. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Message 94 of 109

Hi @MetaJoe , You may contact Max Burger [Personal Information Redacted] to implement it for you in Square POS (I think it will be pretty straight forward).

Message 95 of 109
Admin

Heyyy @mikaelarhelger - I had to redact your email address from your reply to protect your personal information.

Folks interested in your integration can send you a private message though!

Sorry and thanks for understanding!

️ Isabelle | she/her
Message 96 of 109

Hi there, PM me for crypto integration with Square POS. Tks!

Message 97 of 109

OASIS (Nimiq + Bitcoin + Eth) with HTLCs is compatible with Interledger v3.

Message 98 of 109

Well, the merchant account is always a good option to go with, and you can easily add the app to your website for seamless transactions in crypto. As for the exchanger, I can recommend you this one https://btcbit.net/ . For the commercial activities, it's just perfect due to the high limits. Take a look.

Message 99 of 109

Hi, will there be any bitcoin support for Square in future?

No, I am not interested in 3rd party. I use Square and I prefer Square to support Bitcoins/ETH/LTC coins if possible.

Message 100 of 109

So this question was first asked 5 years ago.

With Square being such a proponent of Bitcoin, how exactly have 5 years gone by without some sort of Crypto integration?!!?

Message 101 of 109

I would like to accept Bitcoin as well please.  Thank you.

Message 102 of 109

I know Jack D. is very much a crypto advocate. We need support to take such payments and the ability to link crypto accounts and crypto debit cards etc.

Come on Jack, step it up bro, thus coming from a long-term stock holder in Square.

Message 103 of 109

I hope to see them add this soon, especially with lightning network growing. Square adding support for bitcoin bring more people into the space which in turn would bring more people to square 

Message 104 of 109

Im also interested in accepting crypto payments.

Almost 300 people saw the 104th reply to this topic, must mean a lot of them wish to step in the crypto game. I'd rather deal with the fluctuation than the inflation that's going on lol. Keep it up otherwise you're rocking it!

Message 105 of 109