x

Feature Request - Reporting

Hello,

For the Square Online Dashboard could there be a way to run a report in more specific time? On the apps or even the terminal, you can run a report down to the minute but online, it's only by whole even times. What if I want to run a report for 3:35pm? I can do that on terminal or app but not the Square Online Dashboard?

Also, is there a way on a sales report to breakdown what TYPE of card was used to pay? I know you can do it by "payment method" or "payment types" but would be neat to see how many were AMEX or VISA for a more in depth look and reconciliation purposes. I know the CSV option is there but would be nice to not have an excel lesson with one of my employees where it could be a simple toggle.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Admin

Hey @vkk- Thanks for bringing this up. I can pass along the feedback for more detailed transaction reports to be available as far as time frame goes.

In regards to pulling a report on the type of card used, this is information you can export from the Transactions tab of your Online Dashboard. If you click the Export drop down in the upper right hand corner, select Transactions CSV. That will export a CSV file with a list of transactions in the certain time frame you've chosen. You'll see a column that is titled "Card Brand", and you can sort the transactions by that column.

Hope that helps!

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 2 of 3
Beta Member

Feature Request for hourly sales vs labor cost.  I know you can do it for specific hours, but that is time consuming and cumbersome.  Just like you have summary, daily, weekly & monthly, add an option that allows you to look at hourly sales for a day, week, monthly, quarterly, yearly and custom.  THIS IS A MUST FOR SQUARE RETAIL AND RESTUARANTS.  I currently use Square for Restaurants Plus.

Message 3 of 3