x

Has anyone used Star Micronic SP742MBI2 bluetooth impact printer successfully with Square Register?

We are looking to add a bluetooth impact printer in our kitchen and have Square Register, but I have not been able to confirm whether or not the Star Micronic SP742MBI2 printer will actually work with Square Register. On the Square site, it recommends the Star Micronics SP742 Ethernet printer. Our router is no where near the kitchen and it would not work to run an ethernet cable all across the kitchen.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Square Community Moderator

Hello there @Perkolator at this time we are working to bring Bluetooth support to Square Register. I will pass your interest to our product team for their visibility and consideration. 

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 5

Hi JJ,

I ordered a Star Micronics SP742MBi2 Bluetooth Impact Receipt Printer after reading reviews of people saying that this printer would work with Square Register. I have not opened the box yet, though. Will this printer NOT work with the Square Register system?

Thank you,
Melissa

Message 3 of 5
Super Seller

Hey @Perkolator, the Square Register will not work with any bluetooth hardware accessory.

You'd be able to connect a USB printer directly to the hub, or a ethernet (or wifi) printer via your network. There aren't currently any other options supported (although it's a huge feature request that the PM team are aware of so sure they're looking into all the options). 

Pizza Is Chill

Message 4 of 5
Super Seller

Just to link back round to this & want to be more helpful than saying 'no' !

Something like this could help you implement an ethernet printer in the right location:

615SfNc-roL._AC_SL1500_

(click image for Amazon link)

That will connect to your wifi & create a local ethernet port for the printer. 

I've tried using these as they're small & tuck out the way - but didn't find them the most stable connection (although I'm in a van so stuff was getting turned on/off all the time. 

61Qd0oepJBL._AC_SL1500_

Pizza Is Chill

Message 5 of 5