x

Printing invoices from phone

Hi! Is anyone else having issues with printing invoices from your phone? I can download the invoice but the option to print is no longer there. I’m using an iPhone 12 Pro Max. Please advise. Thanks!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Super Seller

Hello @Iam1ofHis !

Are you using your phone to print to a regular printer or a ticket printer?

For a regular printer, I've found that when my phone loses connection with my printer, a simple disable/re-enable the wifi on both my phone and the printer usually solves it.

Are you able to print pdf's from any other app on your phone? I'm thinking this is more of a printer issue than a Square issue, so knowing if you can print from any other app is a good way to verify this. If no other apps, then there is something weird going on with the printer. Check the firmware, power cycle, and see if that helps.

Let us know if any of this helps or if we need to troubleshoot more!

Ryan Wanner
Golden Pine Coffee Roasters
Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Super Seller: I know stuff.
Beta Tester: I break stuff.
he/him/hey you/coffee guy/whatever.

Happy Selling!
Message 2 of 6

Thanks for responding! I’m printing from my phone to my regular printer. The printer works just fine. I took a screenshot of the invoice to test and it printed. I’m also able to print from my desktop with no issues. Seems to be an issue specifically with the app. My apps are up to date as well as my phone. I’ve tried both the Square and Invoices app and neither give the option to print upon downloading of the invoice. I’ve deleted and reinstalled the apps. I’ve also shut down and restarted my phone. 

Message 3 of 6

Did you arrive at a solution over the past week? I’m having the exact same issue; the app essentially locks after the invoice is downloaded, and doesn’t provide a print, back, help, or any other option, aside from closing/restarting the  app (on an iPhone as well as an iPad). Square can’t offer much of a solution aside from those which you’ve already taken and a credit for cc processing on $500 (maybe $13 if I’m lucky).  

Message 4 of 6

Nothing! I kinda just threw my hands up when the Square representative told me that the option of printing invoices from a mobile device has never been available. 

Message 5 of 6

Yeah, I guess that’s about where I am too, though they didn’t insist that printing from mobile was not a feature previously available. Thanks for the response.

Message 6 of 6