x

How do I change my CRS number?

I recently changed the name of my business which means I had to get a new CRS number. Is it possible to change a CRS number in my account? If so, what is the process to do that? I've had a lot of trouble with this. Help!!

Message 1 of 4
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hello @jayneskelsey! It looks like a CRS number is a state tax identification number for businesses in New Mexico.

With Square you can add and edit your Federal Business Tax Identification number (EIN) from your online Square Dashboard, but you cannot add a state tax ID such as a CRS number.

As your state tax ID wasn't associated with your Square account, you don't need to change it anywhere on your Square account.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

Best Answer

Hello @jayneskelsey! It looks like a CRS number is a state tax identification number for businesses in New Mexico.

With Square you can add and edit your Federal Business Tax Identification number (EIN) from your online Square Dashboard, but you cannot add a state tax ID such as a CRS number.

As your state tax ID wasn't associated with your Square account, you don't need to change it anywhere on your Square account.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 2 of 4

You're a life saver!! I've been stressed about it. Thank you SO SO much!! 🙂

Message 3 of 4
Admin

You're welcome! 😀

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 4 of 4