x
Beta Member

How to change item weight from KG to LB in Square Dashboard Items

When creating a new item or editing existing in Square Dashboard, It lets you add a shipping weight. The default is in Kg. How do I change it to LB instead?

Message 1 of 12
2 Best Answers
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi there again @Provision ๐Ÿ‘‹

I was able to confirm that on the Square Online Dashboard, this can be changed under Settings > Language and then > Units. On your Square Dashboard, your account automatically assigns the unit type based on location and there isn't a way to change this.

I hope this information is helpful but please do let me know if you have any additional questions.

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 12

Best Answer

Thanks for confirming, @jondeuling.

You can adjust the item weight when creating a new item in your Square Dashboard. Under variations, click the drop-down menu next to "Unit" and select either kg or pounds. After selecting the unit, another pop-up will appear where you can specify the weight in pounds or kg.

Screenshot 2024-04-24 at 11.28.36โ€ฏAM.png

If you have any further questions, feel free to ask!

View Best Answer >

Message 10 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Hi @Provision - Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Square Seller Community๐Ÿ‘‹

I do not see an option to edit this when looking at the item page. I think this may be based on the country in which your Square account was activated ๐Ÿค” I am going to reach out to some of our teams to see what I can find out for you.

I'll reach back out to you here once I gather more info!

Violet
Message 2 of 12
Beta Member

Thank you because my Square Online shows LB but my Square Dashboard shows KG. very confusing.

Message 3 of 12

Best Answer

Hi there again @Provision ๐Ÿ‘‹

I was able to confirm that on the Square Online Dashboard, this can be changed under Settings > Language and then > Units. On your Square Dashboard, your account automatically assigns the unit type based on location and there isn't a way to change this.

I hope this information is helpful but please do let me know if you have any additional questions.

Violet
Message 4 of 12
Beta Member

Hi @_Violet 

My Square Online is set at:

Imperial - pounds, inches.

So my Square Dashboard should be also in Imperial?
My location is in Canada, I think we use LB more then Kg?

Message 5 of 12

Hi again, @Provision - It is possible to sync the unit type between your Square Dashboard items and your Online Dashboard items and you are able to change the unit type on the Online side only. However, if you do this, it won't change the unit type for your Square Dashboard items since that cannot be edited at all, even through syncing. 

I'm not sure what determination causes Canadian accounts to use kg vs lbs. 

Violet
Message 6 of 12

No, I do not see this option for Units. I only see Account and Settings > Language and/or Timezone, but not "Units"

Message 7 of 12

Hi @jondeuling

Are you trying to do this on a Weebly website or a Square Online website?

Message 8 of 12

Neither. I don't sell my stuff on any website. I sell my stuff in a farmers market. I am working on my Item Library on my Square Dashboard. 

Message 9 of 12

Best Answer

Thanks for confirming, @jondeuling.

You can adjust the item weight when creating a new item in your Square Dashboard. Under variations, click the drop-down menu next to "Unit" and select either kg or pounds. After selecting the unit, another pop-up will appear where you can specify the weight in pounds or kg.

Screenshot 2024-04-24 at 11.28.36โ€ฏAM.png

If you have any further questions, feel free to ask!

Message 10 of 12

No, this doesn't help because I need to import a thousand items with the Import option. And the Square Import Template only gives me KG as an option for "weight", currently, and not LB. 

I think my solution is something like this: set my preferences somewhere in my settings to LB as my basic unit > go to Square Import Template and it should read LB instead of KG under "weight". 

Message 11 of 12

@jondeuling, thanks for letting us know the previous steps didn't work for your business needs.

To better assist you, could you please share a screenshot of your Square Import Template without showing any personal information? This will help us understand your specific requirements and provide more tailored assistance.

Message 12 of 12