x

How to increase tip max limit

With COVID-19 many businesses are struggling.  A very gracious customer left a $500 tip on a $300 tab.  Can square temporarily change the max tip amount to more than 50% or $200? It's rare that this happens, but during this time of uncertainty some people are doing whatever they can to help small businesses.  

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Beta Member

has this not been resolved?  I have a tip for $250 today and it keeps changing it to 200

Message 2 of 6
Square Community Moderator

Hello @sunsetoverlook 👋

We do have a process in place now to evaluate if your business could benefit from higher tipping limits. Our Support team would be able to look into this with you! When you have a moment, please reach out directly by logging into your Square account and heading here: squ.re/contactsqsupport

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 3 of 6
Beta Member

Can you guys please get on this. It's happened to us many times over the holidays. Once the guests is gone that tip is lost. If the guests wants to leave any excessive tip, we should be able to do so.

Thank you

Message 4 of 6
Square Community Moderator

Hey there @Dsandwr

If you're constantly facing this situation in your Restaurant, then please reach out to our Square Restaurants team so they can look into this for you. Please give them a call at 855-700-6000 between 6 am - 6 pm Pacific Time Monday-Friday.

Important: If you call outside of these hours, you will be required to enter your Customer Code to validate your account.

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 5 of 6
Beta Member

Or at least give us the option to override or change the settings.

Message 6 of 6