x

Limiting Staff Access to Clients

I noticed staff can see all personal details of all clients company wide. We have privacy issues with this. Each staff should only be able to see staff which has made appointments with THEM only. They shouldn't be able to see other staff's clients.

Please let me know if this is in development and when it can be expected.

ps: the industry we are in is all counseling services. Staff are home-based offering different types of counseling services so privacy is an issue. Also as staff are 1099 contractors with their own businesses, we need privacy so staff don't try to poach clients from each other. 

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

typo - each staff should only be able to see CLIENTS who scheduled with them

Message 2 of 6
Admin

Hi @BenTheMan, thanks for bringing this up! Let me take a deeper dive into this request and see what I can find out. I'll circle back as soon as I have more information — appreciate your patience in the meantime. 🙂

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 3 of 6

Great! Thanks for checking. As it stands now, we will only be able to offer limited services from in-house employees. Our sales would be multiples larger if we have the proper privacy to expand to 1099 contractors. I assume this isn't a niche issue and could be a very profitable change for Square. Thanks for considering it!

Message 4 of 6
Admin

Thank you for your patience while I looked into this, @BenTheMan. While we don't have a specific timeline available for this level of staff permissions, we are tracking this request.

Rest assured that I've shared your post with the proper team and pointed out how these additional staff limitations would be helpful for your business. We will update this thread with any other developments as they become available. Please keep in touch!

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 5 of 6

I don't understand why the setting to automatically accept appointments or not is at a company level. Each employee may have their own preference. I really need for this setting to be at a staff level. Thank you.

Tags (1)
Message 6 of 6