x

Receiving a check

We are a public library and our municipality does not allow us to link a bank account to Square.  We've been requesting a check once a year for the past 3 years and while it's always REALLY difficult to get the check it generally comes after 3 or 4 months.  However, this year we requested the check in early March and have still not received anything.  I've sent numerous emails to customer service and no one has responded.  Does anyone else request payment by check?  If so, how long does it usually take?  Any suggestions for how to get someone from Square to contact you? 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Alumni

Hello @LARLibrary 

We do offer to mail a check as a courtesy under very limited circumstances - it is considered a temporary solution for circumstances in which a seller is unable to link their bank. 
We recommend that all sellers link a transactional bank account so they can receive their funds in a timely manner.  

I'm really sorry to hear that you have had to wait an extended time on this. I've reached out to the team assigned to process your request. I have asked them to update you on the status of this check.

Message 2 of 2