x

Unable to ‘Add Customer” to checkout/sale

Ever since Square updated their app version, (4 November 2020) we have been having issues. When we go to check out a customer and search for them under either their name or phone number, as soon as we select “add to sale” the whole app shuts down.  I have phoned customer support TWICE today and also done “live chat”. Was instructed to update App, then delete app and re-install app.  Still happening. I have also tried logging in on different iPads and get the same issue. The issue is clearly at YOUR end - not mine. How can I fix this as a matter of urgency?   My customers want their loyalty points and if I am unable to add them to the sale they are missing out. This is not good.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

Hey @Bennetts,

Thanks for getting in touch and sorry to hear you're having trouble with the app.

That sounds very frustrating. Generally with issues such as this we would advise first to uninstall and reinstall the app, however if this is occurring across multiple devices after you've tried an uninstall/reinstall then it does sound to me like there is an issue with the account that is causing the app to crash.

I know you're probably not going to want to get in touch with support again, however at this point I would be letting them know you've called a few times, followed all the steps they gave you, but are still experiencing the issue across multiple devices. I would suggest asking if they can sign into your account and replicate the crash, and if so, they will be able to file a bug report to have the issue investigated further.

If you send me a PM with your account email I will make sure to leave a note and link to this thread that you can reference.

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4

Thanks for getting back to me. I will PM you log in details now. I need this sorted out ASAP - I am thinking I will have to get rid of square and use another POS system in my business’s as I cannot cope with the unreliability and lack of tech support. It makes MY business look unprofessional in front of my clients - and I am not ok with that.

Thanks 

karen 

Message 3 of 4
Admin

Thanks @Bennetts,

I received your message, it looks like a bug report has been filed and is currently under investigation by our engineering team - our support team will update you with more info as soon as they hear more on a resolution!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4