x

Why is my app shutting down when it opens?

why is my app shutting down when it opens?

Message 1 of 19
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

That's no good! Sounds like there may just be a little glitch in your app. Try some of these steps below and that should help: 

1. Log out of the app and sign back in. If you're operating in Offline Mode and have pending offline payments, you won't be able to sign out of the app. This is to prevent your pending payments from being lost. 
  2. Turn your mobile device off and then back on.
  3. Force quit the app on your device. 
  4. Be sure to enable the permissions requested when you open the Square Register app. This access allows the Square app to communicate with your device to complete payments.
  5. If you don't have any pending offline payments, delete and reinstall the app. See Apple’s support  and Google’s support site for instructions on how to do so.

Remember, if your device is in Offline Mode, don't delete and reinstall the Square Register app. Pending offline payments will be permanently lost and the funds will not be captured if the app is deleted.

Additional Square app troubleshooting steps are available in the Square Support Center.

If you are still having trouble, give us a call! Check out this thread to get in contact with us. 

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

I plug in chip reader and it loads to 100% and the crashes the app. Before that happened it would work once when fully charged but not after until it was recharged to full. Any suggestions other than deleting and reinstalling?
Message 2 of 19
Square

Check out the information above to get you up and running! 

Message 3 of 19
Square

Best Answer

That's no good! Sounds like there may just be a little glitch in your app. Try some of these steps below and that should help: 

1. Log out of the app and sign back in. If you're operating in Offline Mode and have pending offline payments, you won't be able to sign out of the app. This is to prevent your pending payments from being lost. 
  2. Turn your mobile device off and then back on.
  3. Force quit the app on your device. 
  4. Be sure to enable the permissions requested when you open the Square Register app. This access allows the Square app to communicate with your device to complete payments.
  5. If you don't have any pending offline payments, delete and reinstall the app. See Apple’s support  and Google’s support site for instructions on how to do so.

Remember, if your device is in Offline Mode, don't delete and reinstall the Square Register app. Pending offline payments will be permanently lost and the funds will not be captured if the app is deleted.

Additional Square app troubleshooting steps are available in the Square Support Center.

If you are still having trouble, give us a call! Check out this thread to get in contact with us. 

Message 4 of 19

How can I sign out of the app, if it won't open? I have tried all the other options. The app will not open. 

Message 5 of 19

Did this ever get resolved. I am having the same issues

Message 6 of 19
Square Community Moderator

Hi @danic - I'm sorry to hear that this issue with your app has brought you to the Seller Community.

I suggest starting out with the troubleshooting steps listed here. If this doesn't improve things, please reach out to Support directly by logging into your Square account and heading here for further assistance.

I hope this helps!

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 7 of 19

I have tried Force Quit, deleting and reloading, nothing is working. It pops up for a second and disappears 

Message 8 of 19

Decided to no tuse this device. Nothing helps and it is a headache. Thankfully there are other options. 

Message 9 of 19
Admin

I'm very sorry to hear about this trouble @rgilbert

If you're having trouble even opening the app I recommend the following steps:

1. Check if your device is compatible with Square.
  2. If your device is compatible, make sure the software on your device is up to date.
  3. If you are using the iOS 11 public beta, switch back to the latest version of iOS 10. We've had reports of the app crashing on iOS 11 and we're working to fix this!

Last but not least you could also contact our Support Team by phone or email who can help troubleshoot this issue further. 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 10 of 19

when i click on app, it just says loading and spinning wheel

Message 11 of 19

App won't open on my iPhone 6. I get spinning circle and Loading. I've been trying for hours to download it. Please advise me. 

[Merged comment from another thread.]

Message 12 of 19
Square

Hi @Gillersnyc — It looks like another seller had a similar issue. Check out the reply from Kelly and let us know if that helps!

Message 13 of 19

I am experiencing unbearablyslow load times using the app on an Android device....anyone have a solution?

Message 14 of 19
Square Community Moderator

@Kmpolich Your issue sounds to be more related to the Square Register app itself. Check out the tips in this existing thread!

Message 15 of 19

Two days ago my tip page disappeared. It always was the screen before the customer signature screen. I have no idea what happened!

Message 16 of 19
Alumni

@NK1 - Hmm, strange 🤔

First I'd check your in-app tipping settings to make sure it's enabled to Separate Tipping Screen. If all looks good there, I'd try some app troubleshooting outlined at the top of this thread. 

If you need more help with this, give our support team a call so they can comb through the back-end and grab a pair of eyes from Engineering. 

Justin
Message 17 of 19

Both chip reader and swipe reader have stopped working

Message 18 of 19
Alumni

@Petfixer  - What's up! 

Since both of your readers are not working, sounds like there's an issue with your device or the POS app. 

Check out the best answer on this thread to run through some basic troubleshooting. If you're not having any luck, reach out to CS so they can give you a hand. 

squ.re/contact

Justin
Message 19 of 19