x

How do I remove the store and just have a website?

[Note: The title of this post has been edited by a moderator.]

I signed up and started with an e-store, then realized that I'd rather go with a website, not a store. I can't seem to choose when starting a new site, I can only choose estores. I deactivated my account in an attempt to start over but I can't use the same email address. Looks like I'm stuck with an e-store. Is there any way to change this? 

Thanks

Message 1 of 93
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

Any online store website, whether it was made with the classic Weebly editor or the newer Square Online editor can be used purely for a website.

To remove the store features from the website, open your site in the website editor and remove any store pages from your navigation. With the classic editor you can do that by deleting pages on the pages tab. With the Square Online editor, click on the Pages dropdown, then click on the Edit Navigation link at the bottom and then remove store-related items.

Next, go to the dashboard and Settings > Checkout and turn off accepting online orders. This will prevent anyone from being able to order anything should they happen to have a link to a product page.

If you have the Square Online editor would rather use the classic Weebly editor, go to Weebly.com and create an account; choose the option that you just want a website/don't want to sell online and that will get you the classic editor. Note that you'll need to use a different email address than the one you used for the Square Online account.

View Best Answer >

Message 79 of 93
92 REPLIES 92
Square

Hi @drodk  The first thing you will want to do is delete the account. Then we can scramble the email so that you can use it to sign up for the correct account. When you sign up make sure to choose the option that says you are not selling at this time. Keep in mind you will still have access to store features, but you will be using our old editor instead of the new. Let me know once you delete the account.

Let me know once you've deleted the account. Thanks! 

Message 79 of 93

Hi there. I need help changing my site from a store to a regular site as well and I would like to keep the weebly domain I picked, sticktapdesigns.weebly.com - I find the amount of red tape you have to cut pretty frustrating! I wish there was a simpler way to do this than deactivating and starting over. Can you help?

Message 79 of 93
Square

Best Answer

Any online store website, whether it was made with the classic Weebly editor or the newer Square Online editor can be used purely for a website.

To remove the store features from the website, open your site in the website editor and remove any store pages from your navigation. With the classic editor you can do that by deleting pages on the pages tab. With the Square Online editor, click on the Pages dropdown, then click on the Edit Navigation link at the bottom and then remove store-related items.

Next, go to the dashboard and Settings > Checkout and turn off accepting online orders. This will prevent anyone from being able to order anything should they happen to have a link to a product page.

If you have the Square Online editor would rather use the classic Weebly editor, go to Weebly.com and create an account; choose the option that you just want a website/don't want to sell online and that will get you the classic editor. Note that you'll need to use a different email address than the one you used for the Square Online account.

Message 79 of 93

Hi, I recently opened an online store with weebly (hidayahfashion.com) however the functions are very limited. The dashboard looks really simple compared to the older one. I'd like to go back to normal website and just display my products but Im not selling it on weebly. I just drive the traffic to my single page site with products and add a whatsapp chat plugin. Can you help me our with this? Thank you.

Message 79 of 93
Square

Hi @allan_rome and @rajisbeast Sorry for the confusion. You will need to create a brand new account, and make sure to choose the option that you are "not selling" in order to have the old editor. 

Message 79 of 93

Hi Bernadette,

Thanks for your reply.

But I paid a subscription.  Can this be transferred?

I signed up on March 10th and still haven't made any progress!  Aaaaagh!

Thanks,

Allan

Message 79 of 93
Square

Hi Allan Smiley Happy Yes, I can move the service for you. Just let me know when you have created the new account.

@allan_rome

Message 79 of 93

Hello. I too signed up for an online store but was not aware that I wouldn't be able to add apps or modifications as necessary. I have already paid for the first month's subscription as well as paid for the domain. I would like to be able to switch to a regular website option. I have read many replies - but none have specified what happens if the subscription has been paid already. How do I proceed in that case?
Message 79 of 93

Hello. I too signed up for an online store but was not aware that I wouldn't be able to add apps or modifications as necessary. I have already paid for the first month's subscription as well as paid for the domain. I would like to be able to switch to a regular website option. I have read many replies - but none have specified what happens if the subscription has been paid already. How do I proceed in that case?

Message 79 of 93
Square

Hi @tyandrab Is there a specific app you are wanting to use? A lot of times you can just use an embed option on the site. 

If you need to create a new account we can help you move any paid service to the new account. Or we can refund you and you can repurchase. 

Message 79 of 93

Hey. Me too. I am running into the same problem. I have already paid the monthly fee which is not letting me deactivate the account and start from scratch. There is no customer support to get in contact with to solve this problem. I am very frustrated. 

Message 79 of 93
Square

Did you submit an email case to our support team, @mjr? We also have live chat for a faster reply in our support site.

Message 79 of 93
Square

Did you see my other response @day2day? You will need to signup for a new account and state that you are "not selling" in order to get the older editor. 

Message 79 of 93

I signed up and started with an e-store, then realized that I'd rather go with a website, not a store. Is there any way to change this now that I have already started?  After reading some of the other posts, I have already deleted my original account so I can start over, but I want to be able to keep and link the domain name I created for the new account.  Your assistance will be greatly appreciated!!!

Thank you so much,

Tawana

Thanks

Message 79 of 93
Square

Thanks for your post, @mysunshine516

If you create a new account we can transfer over your paid services to that account. When you make a new account, make sure you say that you just want a website/don't want to sell right now.

Message 79 of 93

I am desperately trying to set up a new website with Weebly.  We have two Weebly sites already, and we are super pleased with the results and ease of use.  Now I need one more site to create for our new venture.  I went in over the weekend and created a store front account.  Afterwords, I realized that was not the type of site I needed and wanted to change in to just a regular website, rather than a store front.  I started reading the community blog to see how others may have remedied this same situation, and read it was advised to delete the account they don't want and create a new one.  I disabled my store front account and tried to go in to make another, but, it will not allow me to make it with the email address I need to use.  Each time I click the "sign up" tab to create a new account, it defaults back to the login of the disabled account.  Additionally, it will not allow me to login to either of my other two accounts now.  I also created a domain to go with the new site, and would like to transfer it to a new account for a webpage only, not a store front. Can anyone please assist me in changing from the store front to a website with the following information:

Web Domain: westwoodstorageco.com

Email: westwoodstorage@yahoo.com

Any assistance you could provide will be greatly appreciated. I am trying to get this set up as quickly as possibly, we need to get it up and published within the week.

Tawana

Message 79 of 93
Square

Hi Tawana. You will need to edit the email for the account you created first. Once you edit the email and save, you will be able to sign up again. After you create the new account we can move the services for you. You also have the option of creating the site in one of your other accounts. Each account can have up to 10 sites. 

*Edit* There's been some recent changes to the way the account email address is managed. I'm double checking to see what the next steps will be for editing the email address for your account. You also have the option to use an alternative email to signup for a new account. 

Message 79 of 93

I had no idea I could create the new site within my existing account!!!  Can you advise me on how to do that?

Tawana

Message 79 of 93
Square

Do you mean create a new site in one of your other accounts with the older editor? If you create a site in the account you are currently logged into it will also be using the newer editor. Just to be clear, you do *not* want to use the new editor and prefer the original one? 

Message 79 of 93

Hi, I had the same exact problem and I followed your instruction. now I am not able to use the same email. Would it be possible to fix this for me so I could use the same email address?

Message 79 of 93