x

Products in store showing as "Unavailable"

I have set up a product where I want customers to buy 2 DVDs and get a 3rd free.

It took some time to work out getting the options done but I now have 3 options DVD 1 2 and 3.

Each DVD option has a drop down menu with 38 titles listed for them to choose from.

So far so good.

BUT!!

When you choose a DVD on any of the 3 dropdown menus, all the other options except for the one you just chose then have (unavailable) after them and you can't choose them. The only one now available on all 3 drop downs out of the 38 listed, is the one you chose.

Doesn't matter which DVD I choose the first time, the same thing happens on all, everytime, meaning the only way they can take advantage of the special is by buying 3 of the same DVDs, which isn't that special after all.

Any ideas?

Would add screen shots but can't figure that out.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Square

This can happen when you add SKUs manually after setting up some product options; essentially there are some combinations of each option in which there isn't an SKU for that combination.  The easiest solution is to click on the "edit options" button, remove each option, then re-add each option with all available choices for each. That should regenerate all of the appropriate SKUs for the product.

Message 10 of 9

is it okay if i did not add anything in the SKU section

Message 10 of 9
Square

Yes, you can that blank if you don't need to use an SKU.

Message 10 of 9

When I search for a product by SKU (front the front end of the site, not backend),  the search result says "no product found".
This was not happening previously!  Has something changed with Weebly?

I really need this option for customers to search by SKU.

Thanks!
Maria
www.HimalayanClarity.com

Message 10 of 9
Square

When you search for a product, are you using multiple words or a single word?

Message 10 of 9

This happens  when searching by SKU.   Searching by keyword seems to work fine.

It's odd because some products do come up when I enter the SKU into the search bar, and others do not, even though the SKU is entered into the backend for all products. 

Example:  HHOP17039 does not come up on search
HHOP17008 does come up on search.

Not sure if I'm overlooking something or what? 

Thanks! 
Maria
www.HimalayanClarity.com

Message 10 of 9

Ah ha!!
  I think I figured out what's happening!  After item has been sold, I can no longer search for it on the site even though it still appears in the storefront.

OK.. I think that eases my mind.

Thanks Adam!!

Message 10 of 9
Square

Correct if an item is out of stock it will not show on search on your live site. Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 9