x

do i need to submit a sitemap

Hi, my site is a subdomain of weebly. I'd like to submit the sitemap and follow the numerous processes of google so that my site appears on google search but I was thinking that maybe it's not okay since I dont own neither the domain nor the content (as terms of use of weebly suggests). I don't know, help plz.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Square

You can submit your site map to Google if you want, although your site will be indexed automatically as long as you didn't disable that on the Settings tab.

The URL of your sitemap will be whatever your site address is followed by /sitemap.xml

Message 2 of 6

Hi Adam,

Could you please help me out. I received an error and a warning from Google Search Console. The warning is that my new website map can;t be accessed, and when I tried to access my sitemap, the page showed empty with a "error 404 page not found". 

We encountered an error while trying to access your Sitemap. Please ensure your Sitemap follows our guidelines and can be accessed at the location you provided and then resubmit.
General HTTP error: 404 not found
HTTP Error: 404

The Error is for robotx.txt and looks like so:

User-agent: NerdyBot
Disallow: /

User-agent: *
Disallow: /ajax/
Disallow: /apps/

I'd like to add my Sitemap to google console and to see what needs to be done about this scary NerdyBot.

Thank you!

Ovechka

Message 6 of 6
Square

What is the address of the site you submitted to Google, @Ovechka

Message 6 of 6

Hi Adam,

I submitted the following address:

https://crocmarketing.weebly.com/sitemap.hml

Its got to be something wrong, still shows the error today.

Thank you very much for looking into this.

Ovechka

Message 6 of 6

Hi your sitemap is created automatically and index to engine. I guess you don't need to submit your sitemap. Please update your work to me. Sharing is Learning. I did same to my site of Transformers

Message 7 of 6