x

Can i transfer current square account data to new business and new bank account?

I'd like to know if I want to create new business but transfer ALL current information to new business account including:

bank account -is it ok to transfer to new bank account? or do i have to keep old bank account?

customer data

items

invoices etc.

how should i go about it? do i need to reach customer service or is there setting section where i can do it via on-line?

what would be the step to do so?

Thank you in advance.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Super Seller

you can add a new bank account at any time. https://squareup.com/dashboard/business/bank-accounts-overview

there isn't a way to transfer the data to a new account, you can export your items and then import them, but your sales data is part of your account permanently.

Message 2 of 4

The title of this post has been edited from its original: "Opening a New Company / New EIN - but my online store? same employees?"

We have created an online website under our current Square account. We are opening a secondary company, and we would like to transfer over the work completed to our new account. 

Is there an easier way to merge so we don't lose all our internet work? 

Message 3 of 4
Admin

Hey @LivingEarth- Welcome to the Seller Community!

You're able to export your items from your original account and import them over to your new account. But when it comes to transferring employee information, account info, etc... there's not a way to that. You'll need to enter it all from scratch in your new account. 

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 4 of 4