x

Electronic Menu

Hi there, just wondering if Square supports any electronic menu? I run a cafe which I constantly change my paper menu all the time due to different products for sale. I just get so sick of it and I came across electronic menu apps. Some actually able to integrate with POS system. I have searching for Square affiliated menu app, but I can't find any. Do anyone know much about this and give advice?

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Admin

Hey @Misteraisu, thanks for bringing this up!

We do not currently have a feature or partnership that allows for an electronic menu display/app. I can certainly see how this would be helpful for many businesses — the ability to automatically update a menu as you make edits in your Item Library would be a great time-saver.

I'll be sharing your post with our Product Liaison team. In the meantime, if any other sellers have a solution that's worked well — feel free to chime in! ✌🏻

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 2 of 12

Hi Tom,

Our company, 'Menus That Talk', offers an 'electronic menu display/app' that not only provides a textual menu with pictures, but also uses our patented, enterprise level technology to READ the menu to them... and it can do so in 14 languages.  It is also ADA compliant.

This menu systems makes the restaurants offering available to ALL customers, and it is easy for the restaurant's owners to use and change.

We would greatly appreciate the opportunity to speak with your Product Liaison Team about the possibilty of partnering with you to make our SaaS available to your customers.  I think we have good fit here.

Susan

Message 3 of 12
Admin

Thanks for reaching out, @SusanPerry — very cool! Let me see if I can find a specific team member that can have a closer look at this and we'll circle back. 🙂

️ Tom | he/him
Message 4 of 12
Admin

Hi @SusanPerry,

Thanks for your patience. I was able to touch base with our Point of Sale Team and this isn't something that would fit into their roadmap for the near future. If anything changes, they'll reach out. Thank you again for taking the time to share your solution with our seller community.

Please don't hesitate to let us know if anything else comes up. 🙂

️ Tom | he/him
Message 5 of 12

I find that a strange response considering you have customers asking for it.  Does the company have a developer community?  I would also like the name of the person in the POS department.

Thank you,

Susan

Message 6 of 12
Admin

I'm sorry for the confusion — I misread your request to partner with us versus integrating your service with the app. We can't give out personal contact information but I will pass your post over to our Partnerships Team as well.

You can get in touch with the developer community at Square Connect's Stack Overflow page and learn more about building with Square at squareup.com/developers.

Hope this information helps. Our Partnerships Team will reach out to you directly if they see this as a good fit.

️ Tom | he/him
Message 7 of 12
Beta Member

Hello, has there been any update to this?  I too would like a menu.

Message 8 of 12
Square Community Moderator

Hi @HaworthWine

We don't have any updates around the development of an Electronic Menu feature, but it might be worth reaching out to @SusanPerry to see if they were able to build any custom integration that works with Square. 

If anything new comes along, we'll be sure to post an update. 

Message 9 of 12
Beta Member

Thank you

Message 10 of 12
Beta Member

Has there been any development on this? I would also have use for a menu.

Actually, what I would like to display is a schedule, but I think a menu would allow me to do the same. 

We operate at a large ski resort and our locations on the mountain change depending on staff and weather. It would be nice to use square to display "today's locations" and times on a menu of sorts. Even if it were just a webpage.

I haven't looked into using square for this yet and just had the thought of a menu and found this thread. I'm currently using a google drive drawing I display on a tv screen and embed on my website so it updates together. Since google drive files are live documents, it can be updated in real time.  It works pretty well, but I thought I'd see what square had to offer. 

If anyone cares to look, you can see what I did on our site: www.bigskyphotos.com

Let me know if you have any questions about this. I could see this working for a menu, schedule, etc.

Message 11 of 12
Admin

With a Square Online store you can have a menu on an order online page, although that's geared more towards restaurants than displaying a schedule. Have you tried doing a Google search for "embeddable schedule"? I'm not sure where you built your website, but I bet you can find a third party scheduling tool that you can include on your website.

Adam
Seller Community, Platform
Message 12 of 12