x

Why does my site's menu button not work on mobile devices?

[Note: The title of this post has been edited by a moderator.]

Hello,

On my website, www.kieferbrink.nl (made with Weebly), my menu button isn't working if I visit my site on a mobile phone, except if you're on the homepage.

So for example: if I am on the 'blog' page on my mobile phone, nothing happens when I press the menu button. I really want to fix this asap, because I often link people to my website by sending them the link to my blog page, but from there on; my visitors are not able to see the rest of my website, if they're visiting from a mobile phone.

Please, can somebody help me out with this?

Message 1 of 28
1 Best Answer

Best Answer

Hi @Cerobec,

I see that you're using a custom theme. I would advise testing with a standard theme. If the button works then, it means the coding in your custom theme is causing the issue.

View Best Answer >

Message 5 of 28
27 REPLIES 27

Seems to work okay for me? Did you try any other devices? Clear you mobile cache with an app like Clean Master?

Message 2 of 28

Did you try it from another page then the homepage?
Because it does work on the homepage, but not on other pages.

Message 3 of 28

I searched for a known image and found one of my pages, but the menu is still 'dead'... this is a mystery that I have to solve!
Message 5 of 28

Best Answer

Hi @Cerobec,

I see that you're using a custom theme. I would advise testing with a standard theme. If the button works then, it means the coding in your custom theme is causing the issue.

Message 5 of 28

Hello, I have the same problem, but not the same solution- I'm using Cento as a theme, which is standard not custom, and my site won't open the menu in mobile?

Message 27 of 28

DavidFusco, I responded to you in another thread, but you have more details here and I was able to determine what site you're referring to. It's performing fine for me on an iPhone 5. What kind of problems are you having on it and what sort of device?

Message 27 of 28

I (www.elisgraphics.com) am having a similar problem. The Menu (navigation) button is working on Iphone 5 but not on Iphone 4.

I would assume that it should work on any mobile device regardless of handset model. 

I am using a standard weebly theme without any customisation.  

Can someone please give me some advice? I will really appreciate it. 

Message 27 of 28

Hey there, ElisGraphics, and welcome!

An iPhone 4 is a relatively old device, and as it's several versions of iOS behind modern implementations, it may simply not have the necessary browser updates any longer. Were you using the standard browser app?

Message 27 of 28

I just published my site and the Mobile Menu Button (Hamburger Button) is not working.  I tried on my iPhone 5 with iOS 10 and also tried on a Samsung Galaxy 7 phone.  It doesn't work on either of those phones.  I'm using the Birdseye - portfolio theme.

I also took a look at the HTML code on the live site and the javascript isn't commented out as suggested by the solution below.   It would seem to me if so many folks are having a problem with this, there is something wrong with the weebly script builder.

https://community.weebly.com/t5/Themes/Mobile-responsive-theme-menu-button-not-working/m-p/11647#M54...

Message 27 of 28
Square

What site did you see this with, @shallquist? The site in the account tied to your Community profile is unpublished right now.

Message 27 of 28

Hi Weebly! I am havinga similar problem. On mobile, my menu botton doesn't pop up the menu, it just take sme to my about page. Also, the top if my screen has a google site verifcation code sitting on it. help? 

Message 27 of 28

Also, I just checked the deskto, and the google site verifcation thing is there too:

google-site-verification=iOaKgyxH0x9URJOaL-k9Neec8IvbCC47Kqv9MxygOXo

Message 27 of 28
Square

I'm not seeing that when I check your site, @Mackenzie. Did you make changes since posting this?

Message 27 of 28

I just a few minutes ago in trying to figure it out o  my own, noticed in the SEO box in the settings that the google verify code did not have the meta tags around it. I put that in manually and now it seems to have fixed.

I still cannot get the menu to open and work properly on my mobile device. 

Message 27 of 28
Square

It might be cached on your device. Try clearing the cache of whatever mobile browser you're using:

http://www.refreshyourcache.com

Message 27 of 28

Tried it. Still not opening the menu. Was it working on your test?
Message 27 of 28

Hello Mackenzie! It does seem to be working here. Are you using a specific device?

Message 27 of 28

I'm on a galaxy 3. I went to the weebly themes page on my phone (not logged into weebly) and tested some of the theme templats. Some I had the same menu issue with and some I could open.

Oh technology. Smiley Happy 

Message 27 of 28

Im having this problem with my site too

Not working on Galaxy S8

www.rawyoganz.com

Message 27 of 28
Square

It seems like something added to the site is breaking some of the javascript. I see a few different bits of custom code added, though I'm not sure which one it is. It might be something to the theme itself, so could you try temporarily using a standard theme to see if that helps?

Message 27 of 28