x

Lets say I am doing a transaction with an item, how do change the amount at the time, that i am doin

Let's say I am doing a transaction with an item, how do change the amount at the time of sale, that I am charging.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Super Seller

Hi @michael21374,. The only work around for this would be to leave the price section of the item blank when creating the item in your POS or Dashboard. Then when you go to select the item, it will prompt you to enter the price in. The only Issue I see with this is if you have multiple people running your POS. If you are running specials on it certain days or times of the year, I would suggest creating a discount just for that item so that there is less room for error when ringing the items up! 

Jacob - He/ Him
JJs Meat Shak - Co-Owner& Operations Manager
Supper Seller- Here to help! Just Ask!
http://www.jjsmeatshak.com
Message 2 of 3
Super Seller

Adjusting the price of an item at time of sale is a feature that’s available in Square for Retail not the regular Square POS app. If that’s something that you anticipate doing on a regular basis then you may want to consider upgrading. If you’re already using Square for Retail then just touch the item in the cart that you want to adjust, when that item screen opens then scroll to the bottom and you will see a button labeled adjust price. Hit that, enter new price and it will show the updated price in the cart along with a blurb that say “ original price” so the customer knows they’re getting a deal 

Message 3 of 3