x

using the square stand ipad. with using other programs and keyboards?

Hello New and just ordered a $3000 2 square pos systems with stand usb printer usb scanner and ipad. cash drawer,. this is my situation I run a campground. Square takes the deposit from the web placed reservation software. However doesn't work with the tap or swiped card.  I need to be able to switch between the program for the reservation software and the square register from the ipad that is in the stand. is this possible? like can I use chrome or other browsers like I can do with an ipad when its not hooked up to the stand ..while it is in the stand?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Super Seller

Your iPad will function just like a regular iPad in or out of the Stand. All your other programs will work. I haven't tried bluetoothing a keyboard to my stand, but I don't believe you'll have any issues there either.

Now, your programs won't be able to communicate with each other though. What I mean by that is that if your reservation software takes the credit card info from your customer, unless that software is designed to work with Square as a third party app (you'll know because that program won't be shy about saying you can accept cards thru Square!), you will have to copy and paste the cc info into Square. You'll be charged a higher "manual entry" fee as well.

Ryan Wanner
Golden Pine Coffee Roasters
Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Super Seller: I know stuff.
Beta Tester: I break stuff.
he/him/hey you/coffee guy/whatever.

Happy Selling!
Message 2 of 2