x

Why is my Wix site unable to take payments?

[The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Set up Square for Wix online store and at checkout get message "cannot take charges contact seller"]

Trying to set up my Square Account to take payments on my Wix online store but I'm getting a message at checkout that "cannot take payments at this time . contact seller". 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Hi @YZ,

I've used Wix in the past, from what I remember there was a requirement to have a premium business plan with Wix in order to sell on the site, regardless of the payment method. Have you set that up already. Maybe a bit more background information would help here.

Message 2 of 3
Alumni

Hi @YZ,

Thank you for posting in the Seller Community. Welcome!

As @mattd mentioned, normally all activation and set-up is handled by Wix on their side. Whenever Square integrates with a third party website or platform, Square will only see the payment information being processed from the card that was used during the transaction. We do not have any visibility into the actual back-end mechanics of linking the website to our payment system. 

I highly recommend contacting Wix support directly here. If they are still unable to figure out a solution, please ask for a ticket or case number to pass over to our Customer Success Team. 

Please let me know if you have any other questions by replying to this thread. 

Alex_
Community Moderator, Square // Moderador de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 3 of 3