x
Admin

What's the best ad you've ever seen? ๐Ÿ˜

Hi Seller Community. It's Wednesday again, so I'm back with another question of the week...

What's the best ad you've ever seen? ๐Ÿ˜

Feel free to share a link to the ad or share an image! ๐Ÿ’•

Message 1 of 34
33 REPLIES 33
Super Seller

A K-Mart add years ago about their reduced shipping. They had people in the store and one would say I just shipped my drawers, another one says I just shipped my bed. It just struck me as funny, but it made me watch and to this day even though K-Mart is gone I still remember they had reduced shipping.

Randy Fulk
Korie's Kloset
Big Bows & Sassy Clothes.
Message 2 of 34
Super Seller

Apple 1984

Message 3 of 34
Super Seller

Followed by Apple's Mac vs PC -  Justin Long and John Hodgman are SO funny! 

Message 4 of 34
Super Seller

those mac vs pc add's were great!

Take care of yourself and, as life provides, someone else too.
Message 5 of 34
Super Seller

Easily this one! 

Pizza Is Chill

Message 6 of 34
Super Seller

As someone who almost puts gas in their VW diesel ever week... this cracked me up.

Doran

Esthetician
Haute Beauty Guide
Message 7 of 34
Super Seller

Thatโ€™s a hard one there are too many to choose one but I think the best ones are the weird ones ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ they get you thinking and talking about how weird it is ๐Ÿคฃ

Message 8 of 34
Super Seller

This one came out waaaaaaay too long ago, but it's earned a permanent spot in my "random stuff that clogs things up" section of my brain:

The scene is a golfer teeing up on a beautiful, cloudless day. He takes a big swing and connects. The camera zooms to the green. The divot lands within a foot of the hole.

Announcer: "Sometimes, it just isn't your sport."

It was an ad for a used sporting goods store called Play it Again Sports that was here in Colorado Springs. ๐Ÿ™‚

Ryan Wanner
Golden Pine Coffee Roasters
Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Super Seller: I know stuff.
Beta Tester: I break stuff.
he/him/hey you/coffee guy/whatever.

Happy Selling!
Message 9 of 34
Admin

When Rona did this "Ambush Marketing" campaign where they put their own billboard under Apple's to advertise that they had a paint recycling program. ๐Ÿ˜

rona.jpeg

โ€ƒ

Message 10 of 34
Beta Member

Alejandra is everything ๐Ÿค—

๐Ÿค—

From Italy, with Garlic! Americano
Message 11 of 34
Super Seller

These are awesome!  The Poo-Pourri ones and some of the Dr Squatch soap ones were along the same lines

Michael
New Light Photography | SUB Photo | Square fan
Message 12 of 34
Super Seller

Message 13 of 34

I am an afghan hound "parent" and I came across this ad, which is about 13 years old, and Any time I need to show what an afghan hound looks like it all its splendor, I show this video.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgK7eN6ieq4  Hope you all get a kick out of it.  Oh, and I am a new square user, have not even had my first sale with it yet. I will be debuting the device at my first craft show beginning of December. 

Message 14 of 34

Nike's series of "Find your greatness" ad campaigns are definitely something that I think revolutionized the way people see advertisements. It directly targets our motivation to go out and use Nike products to, in a way, do the right thing, rather then plainly attempting to persuade the end-user to buy the product. There is a difference between the two. Find your greatness - The Jogger

Message 15 of 34

The best ad I have seen is the Lowe's Market ad seen on Hulu.   It is quite informative and it shows you what you need to know.

Christopher C
Owner of The Homeschool Mindset and Scouts Story Club
Message 16 of 34
Super Seller

still one of the greatest of the 80's. I'm Astar a Robot...

https://youtu.be/Km4f-eRE4Kc

Ryan Anton Schaffer RMT
www.reginamassagetherapist.com
Message 17 of 34

The new "challenge flag" bits where family members find out what really happened.

We all need one replay official so long as they don't eat much and walk the dog.

Message 18 of 34
Super Seller

For me itโ€™s got to be the Aldi supermarket 2013 Christmas Champagne ad. It reminds me that my archived 1980โ€™s budgie smuggler Speedos are a health hazard. They are never gonna fit againโ€ฆ.loose them!

https://youtu.be/O0JYYX-

Coco Chemistry Ltd
Artisan Chocolatier
www.cocochemistry.co.uk
Message 19 of 34
Super Seller

I love advertisements with a twist at the end.  This one is SO OLD and yet it has stuck in my head all that time. Plus I like the tunes.

Michael
New Light Photography | SUB Photo | Square fan
Message 20 of 34
Super Seller

Squatch soap has come up with some fun concepts. Some poke at all the other advertising concepts out there, all at once. 

These big brand ads are fun to watch but not too useful for the small business. Always interested in seeing what ads seem to work for the small local business. 

Take care of yourself and, as life provides, someone else too.
Message 21 of 34