x

3rd Party Web Designer access to square account?

I have a web designer that is building my web site and I am going to use the online store in my square account for all shopping related functions.  My designer needs access to my square to do formatting.  Is there a way to allow him access with out giving him my whole user and password info to all my accounts?

Thanks

Robin

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Square Community Moderator

Hi Robin, 

What information did they need from your Square account? 

If they're setting up your entire Online Store through your Square Dashboard, they'll need your account log in information to be able to do this for you. 

Message 2 of 6

What I would like to do is seemlessly go from my website to the shopping cart on my square account.  So I would like the square shopping cart to have the same basic look as the website.  Can this be done?

Message 3 of 6

The Square E-Commerce API is a payment solution that allows you to use Square to take credit card payments online through your own websites. 

You'll need to be able to code or have a web developer code for you in order to make this work, as it requires you to build your own checkout solution using Square API from your own website. 

You can read up on more details about this and how to get started here: E-commerce API

Message 4 of 6

Excellent,  thank you for the info. Do you know of a way for my designer to have access to do that work without having full access to my Square account? My web designer is a third-party person that I don't know that well.

Message 5 of 6

@Freeride1 They'll need to be able to log in to the applications page with your account information, however, you can change the email address and password of your account once everything is complete. 

Message 6 of 6