x

Are refunds to gift cards limited to 120 days?

Hello. I couldn't seem to track this answer down, so I'm helping the community could help! Are refunds to gift cards limited to 120 days? or can I refund whenever I want (like cash transactions)? 

Maybe you know @Sean?

Message 1 of 3
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

I can help with this! 👋

Refunds to gift cards are currently limited to 120 days after the date of the inital transaction. I've chatted with our Gift Cards Team about this and it sounds like something they'd like to change in the future. I can see how having this option always, regarldess of the orignial transaction date, would be a better experiene. Especially for those scenarios where you might want to refund someone outside your regular return policy/ our limit, but not in cash.

I'll let that team know you'd find this functionality useful! 

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Square

Best Answer

I can help with this! 👋

Refunds to gift cards are currently limited to 120 days after the date of the inital transaction. I've chatted with our Gift Cards Team about this and it sounds like something they'd like to change in the future. I can see how having this option always, regarldess of the orignial transaction date, would be a better experiene. Especially for those scenarios where you might want to refund someone outside your regular return policy/ our limit, but not in cash.

I'll let that team know you'd find this functionality useful! 

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 2 of 3
Beta Member

Putting my vote in for this also. This would really help our business.

Message 3 of 3