x

Build a Box

Is there a way to add a section during checkout where the customer can only add a certain amount of items to their cart for a set price? For example, They go to purchase a small gift box set to 4 items. They add the box to their account then they add 4 items from the shop to their cart, and no more. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

@kaylamessies I don't think there is a grouping option for setting items into a gift box. I'm assuming you mean the customer wants 4 items in this gift box, and 5 items in that box, and 3 in this one...etc. however, an option for you could be to create a category on your online store for the gift box and its size, then put items in that category that could fit in the box. But I imagine that could be a confusing process for customers to try and guess if the products will fit the size of the box, so you have to outline the box dimensions and say something like "flower pattern gift box 5x5x5 inches, max 4 items" then list the items that are small enough choices to fit. Maybe that helps? That's a tough question. Perhaps square could add a feature for gift wrapping/gift boxes with a drop down of pattern/color choices for you. Maybe fo a feature request. 

Message 2 of 4

I am also in the same boat. We sell something called a mixed box where we add about 10 of our sweets (2 of each products we have). Many customers had asked me for this option where they can add customized number of our sweets in a box rather than us adding everything as we like so they can get more taste of the ones they like. I hope the product team can take this feedback into consideration. It will look something similar to this link here 
https://ladyyum.com/collections/frontpage/products/lady-yum-build-your-own-box-15-count

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

Thanks so much for this Request @pyramids_bakery. In order to appropriately send these to our product teams we’d love it if you'd submit this request on our Ideate page for Square Online. Our team monitors these boards and we triage them to measure needs. You can search the boards to see if this has been requested before and add your use case if so!

P.S. Welcome to the Seller Community 

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4