x

Can I adjust my inventory through via my sales?

[The title of this thread has been edited from the original: reduce inventory]

Hello,

I have added my stock to my inventory. However, I want to reduce an item by 1 because I used it for myself. Can I create an invoice for $0 or is there a way I can reduce it, but note that it's because it went to me? 

Whatever the solution is, would I also be able to use this if I offered a give-a-way from my inventory? Or is there another way to track that as well?

Thank you for your assistance. 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Alumni

Hello @cholloway,

Thank you for posting in the Seller Community. Welcome.

Happy to provide a bit more insight on this. Currently, if you choose to sell an item through and invoice or virtual terminal on your online dashboard, the amount processed must be at least $1 in value. It will not allow you to "zero out" an item through the online system otherwise you will receive a message like this:

Also, we do have option to adjust inventory, but the only options we have are as follows:

We don't have a reason aimed to "comp" an item or mark it as "self use."

The only work around I can think of is selling the item through the Point of Sale app on your phone or tablet and applying a 100% discount. You can then add a note to the sale explaining that the item was not actually sold but was used for the business/personal use. The only catch about this method is that it will not directly add the note to your inventory report, you would have to go back and manually look through your transactions to find the note you left yourself.

Hope this helps, please let me know if you have any other questions by replying to this thread. 

Alex_
Community Moderator, Square // Moderador de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 2 of 2