x

Can I bypass wireless router to connect my SP700 kitchen printer?

I have purchased this printer and it is hooked up to my wireless router via Ethernet. But my business is a food truck, and I need a printer that either hood directly into the square POS or wirelessly, as I will not operate with the router on board. Is there a way to connect this printer or do I need to return and purchase something that is more compatible?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Alumni

Hey @Chefgabriel - there's not a way to connect an Ethernet printer if it's not hard wired to an internet router, so you'll need a different set up. 

One option is connect a wifi printer (Star MicronicsTSP143IIIW) to the POS if access to nearby wifi or a hotspot is available to you. Another option is to swap your Ethernet printer with a USB printer if using the Square Stand, Square Register or Square Terminal. All three devices come with an  Accessories Hub attached to connect USB compatible hardware. 

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4

Hi Justin - If we set up the Star Micronics TSP143IIIW, will we be able to access it with both of our iPads in our restaurant? My understanding is it has to be an ethernet printer to do this (and definitely not bluetooth as it can only connect to one device), but it would be a big challenge for us to run a cable from our router to the printer. Would it also work with the new Contactless self-serve ordering? Thank you. 

Message 3 of 4
Alumni

Yup! Like Ethernet printers, Wifi printers can connect to both iPads at your restaurant. Self-serve orders will print to your printer as well. 

@grinderjohn

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4