x

How do I take an order online and see the customer's email and phone number?

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Client capture

Hello, my desire is to take an order on line, see their email phone as well name to match to order.

Message 1 of 4
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

(This assumes you’re using Square’s Online store. If you’re using a third party eCommerce system you’ll have to dig into the system to figure it out: each eCommerce platform is different)

First, have you set up your online store through the dashboard? You’ll need to do this plus add items for sale from the Online Store section of your Dashboard. Info on how to do this is in this Help page.

Once that is done, when you get your first sale, it will show in the dashboard as an open sale. If you’re using the Point of Sale app for pickup orders, it will also show on the Orders section of your app. This order is not marked as a sale until you complete the order, so there isn’t a lot you’ll be able to do with it until you close it. However, clicking on the order on the dashboard will give you the order on a screen and their phone number and email will be seen at the top of the order. From the app, tapping on the order will give you a screen with the order info. If you tap on the down arrow by the name, you will get an option to contact the customer. Tapping that will give you a phone number.

Once the sale is marked as completed, it will show in your transactions. Looking at the transaction will give you all the info about the customer. The customer will also automatically be placed in your customer directory under a special Online Store section. From there you can see the customer, phone number, email, and payment history. 

Ryan Wanner
Golden Pine Coffee Roasters
Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Super Seller: I know stuff.
Beta Tester: I break stuff.
he/him/hey you/coffee guy/whatever.

Happy Selling!

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Super Seller

Best Answer

(This assumes you’re using Square’s Online store. If you’re using a third party eCommerce system you’ll have to dig into the system to figure it out: each eCommerce platform is different)

First, have you set up your online store through the dashboard? You’ll need to do this plus add items for sale from the Online Store section of your Dashboard. Info on how to do this is in this Help page.

Once that is done, when you get your first sale, it will show in the dashboard as an open sale. If you’re using the Point of Sale app for pickup orders, it will also show on the Orders section of your app. This order is not marked as a sale until you complete the order, so there isn’t a lot you’ll be able to do with it until you close it. However, clicking on the order on the dashboard will give you the order on a screen and their phone number and email will be seen at the top of the order. From the app, tapping on the order will give you a screen with the order info. If you tap on the down arrow by the name, you will get an option to contact the customer. Tapping that will give you a phone number.

Once the sale is marked as completed, it will show in your transactions. Looking at the transaction will give you all the info about the customer. The customer will also automatically be placed in your customer directory under a special Online Store section. From there you can see the customer, phone number, email, and payment history. 

Ryan Wanner
Golden Pine Coffee Roasters
Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Super Seller: I know stuff.
Beta Tester: I break stuff.
he/him/hey you/coffee guy/whatever.

Happy Selling!
Message 2 of 4

When I go to the customer directory, some of my customers don't have a phone number listed. But when I go to their order, there is a phone number on the order. Why doesn't it show in the directory for some, but it does for others?

Message 3 of 4
Alumni

@JayWoodford 

I believe only the email is captured then added to Collected Emails group in your Directory. I'm not quite sure about phone numbers though unless they're enrolling in Square Loyalty when purchasing online.

Reach out to CS to confirm and let us know the sitch. 

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4