x

Can I connect a wireless printer to my iPad and iPhone via Bluetooth?

The title of this post has been edited from the original: Connect a Printer to Ipad and Iphone

Hello,

I use an iphone and ipad in my showroom to take payments with Square. I would like to connect it to my wireless HP printer to occasionally print receipts for some clients.

Is this possible? If so, how can I do it, please?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Message 1 of 4
1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

I can help clarify here, @SS3!

While it is possible to connect a receipt printer or a kitchen ticket printer via Bluetooth, what @AshleyK was addressing is that it is not possible to connect wireless printers such as the one you are referring to. However, if your wireless HP printer is connected to a computer within your showroom, you can print a receipt from your Square Dashboard.

1. Head to the Transactions page of your Square Dashboard
  2. Click on the transaction you want to print a receipt for
  3. On the right-hand side of your screen, you'll see transaction details - scroll until you see the receipt ID:

4. Click the receipt ID, and print this page!

Voila - I hope this is helpful! 

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Community Moderator

Hey @SS3 great question! I've merged your post with an existing thread that will help get you on the right path. You won't be able to pair a wireless printer with any of our products, but you can use an ethernet receipt printer to do what you need. 🙂

AshleyK
Message 2 of 4

Thank you, AshleyK. The settings in Square tell me to turn on Bluetooth, dont they? And say something about "select a printer". I dont know what thats about, then .... I dont find anything that says to connect an ethernet, but lets assume for a moment....

Can you please point me to steps or instructions? Do I use my regular printer, or are you saying I need a specific device (a "receipt printer?").

Thank you for your time.

Message 3 of 4
Alumni

Best Answer

I can help clarify here, @SS3!

While it is possible to connect a receipt printer or a kitchen ticket printer via Bluetooth, what @AshleyK was addressing is that it is not possible to connect wireless printers such as the one you are referring to. However, if your wireless HP printer is connected to a computer within your showroom, you can print a receipt from your Square Dashboard.

1. Head to the Transactions page of your Square Dashboard
  2. Click on the transaction you want to print a receipt for
  3. On the right-hand side of your screen, you'll see transaction details - scroll until you see the receipt ID:

4. Click the receipt ID, and print this page!

Voila - I hope this is helpful! 

Valentina
Message 4 of 4