x

Can I hide inventory items without affecting past transactions?

The title of this post has been edited by a moderator.

I use square for my Color Street nail business and several of the polishes are only available for a limited time and then retired.  Is there a way to hide the retired sets on my inventory page without deleting the past transactions?  Or sort them somehow so when I'm looking at my inventory to replenish, I don't see the retired sets that I can no longer stock?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

Hi @jfunke474!

You can delete any retired items off of your main page and that won't affect past transaction history at all! Are you using the Weebly Online Store or a third party web host?

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 2 of 4

Ok, so even if I delete a retired item I will still be able to see the past transactions and stock changes with that item?  I'm sorry but I'm not familiar with what the Weebly Online store or a third party web host is.  I order my product from a website and then log in my stock in square.  If customers order from my stock, I mark the transaction in square to have accurate stock reports.

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @jfunke474 👋 Thanks for the quick reply! I can step in for Nika on this one.

Yes! Your question is correct - you can delete a retired item and you will still be able to see the item from a reporting standpoint as well as past transactions that include that item. 

If you're interested in jumping into resources on how to best understand your Online Store, you can find lots of helpful articles on our Support Center. Feel free to ask any clarifying questions in a response here on the Community. We are here to help! 

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4