x

Can I link two bank accounts to one Square account?

The title of this post has been edited from the original: Can I link two different bank accounts to Square?

I have a square reader for the PTSA. I would like to take payments for a club and have the funds go into a different account. How can I do that?

Tags (2)
Message 1 of 74
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @Gayle3-

Welcome to the Seller Community! 🌸

Currently, a Square account can be linked to one bank account at a time. However, you have a couple of options:

• If your business has multiple locations, you can manage all of your locations under a single master account. This allows you to link a different bank account to each individual location.

• Or you can create multiple, unrelated Square accounts, each with its own bank account. You can then log in and out of each account on your mobile device, depending on where you’d like your payments transferred. This option keeps each Square account completely independent of the other, so you’ll need to manage each account separately.

I hope these suggestions are helpful. If I hear anything about being able to link more than one bank account to a location, I will definitely follow up in this thread. Thanks for your time! 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!

View Best Answer >

Message 68 of 74
73 REPLIES 73
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @CaroHM! Thanks for taking the time to post here on the Seller Community! I want to say welcome to you - we are happy to have you here.

I want to make sure I am fully understanding your question here. Are you asking if there is a way to transfer the funds from a specific transaction into an attached bank account?

I will be keeping an eye out for your reply!

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 64 of 74

Yes, we'd like to have funds from a specific transaction type go into their own account. 

Message 65 of 74
Alumni

Thanks for confirming that for us, @CaroHM! While there is not currently a way to designate certain types of transactions to go into a specific bank account, @EJ_'s suggestions here should help.

You could create two separate locations within your account or two separate Square accounts - one for the majority of your transactions, and the other for the specific transaction type. 💸

Valentina
Message 66 of 74

[The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Can I set up another different bank account so I have Two?]

How do I set up another bank account so I have two on my square?

Message 67 of 74
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @Gayle3-

Welcome to the Seller Community! 🌸

Currently, a Square account can be linked to one bank account at a time. However, you have a couple of options:

• If your business has multiple locations, you can manage all of your locations under a single master account. This allows you to link a different bank account to each individual location.

• Or you can create multiple, unrelated Square accounts, each with its own bank account. You can then log in and out of each account on your mobile device, depending on where you’d like your payments transferred. This option keeps each Square account completely independent of the other, so you’ll need to manage each account separately.

I hope these suggestions are helpful. If I hear anything about being able to link more than one bank account to a location, I will definitely follow up in this thread. Thanks for your time! 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 68 of 74

I have 3 independent stylists.  If they each log into the one Appointment Calendar they can direct credit card payments to their own bank account?

Message 69 of 74
Alumni

Yes, this type of configuration will work with Multi-Location Management, as it allows linking a different bank to each location. Set up your locations with their own booking site and assign a stylist to each one.

From the POS app on their device, each stylist should sign into their respective locations so sales funnel through the appropriate bank account.   

@fsboudreau

Justin
Message 70 of 74

Are There dirrections on creating 2 different locations for the master account

Message 71 of 74
Square Community Moderator

Hey @StJohnMB,

Thanks for writing back in to the community!

To create additional locations, head to Account & Settings > Business > Locations > Create Location. You can also learn more about location management here.

I hope this helps 🙂

Message 72 of 74

Can I link more than one bank account ? If so how ?

Message 73 of 74
Alumni

Merged you to the thread you're looking for. Happy posting!! 

@Moderntechnique

Justin
Message 74 of 74