x

Can I use Square Terminal without printing receipts?

Hello - 

Am I able to use Terminal without offering printed receipts? I prefer digital receipts for my clients. Thank you 

Message 1 of 5
1 Best Answer
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

Hey @Stacey_K - yes! You can absolutely turn off printing to the built in printer on Terminal and just use Digital receipts!

Just go into Settings, tap Printer and turn the toggle Off.

That’s what we do on ours!

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Square Super Seller - I'm here to help!

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

Hey @Stacey_K - yes! You can absolutely turn off printing to the built in printer on Terminal and just use Digital receipts!

Just go into Settings, tap Printer and turn the toggle Off.

That’s what we do on ours!

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Square Super Seller - I'm here to help!
Message 2 of 5

I would love for my customers no longer to be able to see the option to print a receipt when checking out with my Square terminal. We don't want to continue to buy paper, waste paper, or worry about any sort of printing problems that may occurr. I usually try my best to make sure the customer doesn't see the screen until they tell me how they'd like to receive a receipt (Email or Text) and when I know which they'd prefer, if the info isn't already stored in there, I give them the terminal to enter their info, getting out of the screen that shows Print as an option. 

Everyone really needs to stop printing receipts. So wasteful for something that's immediately thrown away.

Message 3 of 5
Square Community Moderator

Hello @ToydeJour , good to see your first community post, welcome! We understand your need to not have "print receipt" in your terminal as an option at the time of check out, so if you wish to opt for the more earth friendly option you can do the following: 

Go into Settings> tap Printer>turn the toggle Off 

If you have any further questions about this, feel free to reach out again. Also, I will loop you in and move this thread to a community post with a similar question here .

Hope this helps!  

Frida
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 5

Thanks so much!

Message 5 of 5