x
Beta Member

Can't rotate to landscape in New POS Feb 2021

I just installed the new POS on my Samsung Tab E, and there's no way to rotate it to landscape or horizontal view. Auto rotate is on, but it stays vertical. What is the trick?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Alumni

Hmm, when you mention auto rotate is on, do you mean the orientation lock is disabled? If so, I would restart your tablet, make sure the OS is updated and the app in downloaded with the latest version. 

@FluggersBacon

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 9
Beta Member

Hi there, I know this thread is old but I'm wondering the same thing.  Everything is updated but the square app won't go in landscape mode on our android tablet.  Is there a setting I'm missing?

Message 3 of 9
Square Community Moderator

Hi @kaijukitchenvt - Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Square Seller Community👋

I recommend starting off by making sure that both your mobile device and Square app are up-to-date (just in case any new updates have been released since you last checked). There are some additional steps listed here for troubleshooting.

I hope this is able to resolve the issue for you but please do let me know how it goes! I'll keep an eye out for your reply 👀

Violet
Message 4 of 9
Beta Member

Thanks, Violet.  Yes, they are all up to date.  I'm wondering specifically about the layout to be able to go to landscape since it's a tablet not a phone, but the images on the checkout screen are really big and when I'm in the order screen, I don't have the option to quickly "Mark as picked up" when there's a big list.  Also, I couldn't edit the stock with the android tablet -- when I use the ipad or iphone, all I do is long click until the images have an X at the top, then I click again and I can adjust the stock quickly that way.  I can't see any way to do that similarly on the Android.  It's much clunkier and maybe I'm doing something wrong, but the iPad app is just so much better.  Even the iPhone app (which doesn't go to landscape or do the "mark as picked up" with one touch either) is more convenient!  Please let me know if there are settings I can adjust to make the android tablet more helpful for our business!  Thanks

Message 5 of 9
Beta Member

It's the darnedest thing -- it works now!  I changed the size settings on the Android to small and everything now appears as I would expect it, and the landscape mode works!!  I can press "Mark as picked up" (I think.... I'll test that tomorrow, but it looks promising based on everything else)

The only thing that still isn't working is the stock updating.  I don't know how to do that from the app, so please tell me what I'm doing wrong.  In the iPad and iPhone all I have to do is long hold the pictures in the items list and then when I tap them I can change the stock amounts then click "Save".  This only allows me to change the placement of the photos.  Feeling better!!

Message 6 of 9
Square Community Moderator

Hi there again, @kaijukitchenvt 👋 I'm glad to hear that the landscape mode is working for you now!

As for your inventory/stock counts, are you using the Square for Restaurants app? If so, you can take a look over this support article on Managing Items with Square for Restaurants for more details. I hope this information is helpful but please do let me know if you have any additional questions 🙂

Violet
Message 7 of 9
Beta Member

Thanks for that. We are using the POS instead of Restaurant. Is that different?

Message 8 of 9

@kaijukitchenvt I’m having the same issue on a Samsung phone with the new Square interface. All softwares are up to date. What do you mean by “changing the size setting to small”? To me this seems like a bug in the Square software. Never had this issue before with the prior version.

Message 9 of 9