x

Can you turn off online ordering from the POS

We are a small restaurant, with volume that changes hour to hour, and want to be able to turn off the online ordering from the Square Register, or Square Terminal. 

My fiancé and I are the owners, so have no problem logging into square online website (weebly) and turning off, but now we are bringing on managers who we don’t want to give login information to everything square immediately. As well as when we get busy quickly, sometimes it’s very difficult to break away and login from a phone or computer to the main square online, and hit the toggle buttons to disable for the time being. Once that rush dies, you have to do the same thing to turn back on! 

is there a way to disable from the POS, or can Square add this option in settings?!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Super Seller

At this time there isn't a way to turn off ordering online from the POS.  that needs to be done thru the website.

Message 2 of 7

The website "toggle" button is also not ideal for businesses with multiple locations since it toggles all of them. Square should really add a capability to turn off/on ordering by location within the POS, for the reasons the OP described.

Message 3 of 7

We have been asking for this feature for about 1.5 years now, to no avail. I don't understand why Square won't hear our begging for this feature. 

Message 4 of 7

Message 5 of 7

This feature would be incredibly helpful for smaller businesses.

Message 6 of 7
Square Community Moderator

Hi @NickiEatery

This is actually a feature request on the Square Online Ideate board that is on the road map! I recommend adding a kudo and a comment to show your support. They may even be looking for beta testers still. 

Thanks for posting your feedback, and Welcome to the Seller Community! 

Message 7 of 7