x

Looking for CSR validation code for SSL I purchased on another site.

The site where I purchased my domain is asking for a CSR code to validate SSL I purchased there. I'm supposed to get that from my hosting site. Do you know where I can find that? Thanks in advance.

@Helen@Tom

Message 1 of 12
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi @Pitch Welcome to the Community! 🎉

All of our site plans through Square Online or Weebly Classic include SSL. At this time it is not possible to use a third party SSL with a site hosted through Square. 

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

My registrar says I need a Certificate Signing Request from Square, so that I can activate my SSL through them (name.com). Anyone know how I can get this? My site won't load without it, it says it's not secure. Thanks

Message 2 of 12
Alumni

Hi there @glamgirl and welcome to the Seller Community 👋

I've moved your post over to this thread where @bernadette provided an answer to this question.

Let us know if other questions come up!

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 3 of 12

Best Answer

Hi @Pitch Welcome to the Community! 🎉

All of our site plans through Square Online or Weebly Classic include SSL. At this time it is not possible to use a third party SSL with a site hosted through Square. 

Message 4 of 12

Does this mean that I do not need to purchase SSL certs from my domain name's provider?

In my case, I have my domain name provided by GoDaddy, and I have it connected to my Square/Weebly website.  If I were to revoke my GoDaddy SSL certs, would my website still work given the domain comes from GoDaddy still (I believe it's hosted by Square)?

Thanks,

Matt

Message 5 of 12

Hi @kinsoulstudio and welcome to our Seller Community, we're happy to have you here!

That's correct, you do not need to purchase a third party SSL. As long as you domain is properly connected to your site, SSL should be enabled automatically. 

If you're having issues with your SSL certificate, I would recommend reaching out to support here so they can take a look at your account specifically. 

Thank you and see you soon. 

Frances
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 12

Frances,

Thank you for the quick reply!  I'm very happy to hear that, as the GoDaddy SSL certs are VERY expensive.  I will happily cancel those certs.  If I end up having any issues after that, I will reach out to support via the link you provided.

Thank you so much!
Matt

Message 7 of 12

I am having issues with customers not being able to access my web page through Weebly because it says it is not secure. It says that someone may be impersonating me so that don’t feel comfortable logging on. How can this be remedied. 

Message 8 of 12

I'm super confused. I set up a Weebly account for a foundation I help support, then secured the domain via Go Daddy to finish setting it up, but when I tried to publish, it says the site's not secure and won't open it in the Chrome browser. Then I was directed to buy an SSL Certificate, then read that Weebly doesn't require and cannot use a third party SSL certificate, but there seems no clear way to make sure the "https" appears. What am I missing???

Message 9 of 12

Welcome to the Seller Community, @StephenOfIowa 👋

I'm almost positive this has to do with the IP address that was used to connect the domain to your website. Can you see if this helps?

Log into the Weebly account, then click Edit Site. Do you see a black background? If yes, click on Settings at the top of the editor. You should now be on the General tab. Scroll down to the SSL section and click Enable. If it is already enabled, disable first, then click the enable link again. 

You should see a pop-up box instructing you to update your domain A-records to a number less than 199.34.228.164

If you do see a new number, head over to your Go Daddy domain manager and update any current records to this new IP address. It can take up to 24-48 hours for the domain to fully resolve in order for the SSL to work properly. 

If you are still having trouble, please let us know your custom domain so we can troubleshoot some more. 

Thanks! And welcome again to the community 😊

Message 10 of 12

Thanks so much -- that was exactly what the problem was. Once the IP address was changed, it worked fine (my only frustration is that, since I haven't done this before, I thought I had to buy a third-party SSL certificate from Go Daddy, only to find out that wasn't necessary after all. You live and learn. 🙂 

Message 11 of 12

I'm glad to hear the site is loading properly now! Super sorry about the unwanted purchase, though. ☹️ 

Go Daddy may allow a refund since it is a product you cannot use, nor do you need.

I worked for Go Daddy a (very) long time ago, so the refund rules may be different now. I think it's definitely worth a shot to reach out to the Go Daddy support team to see what they say. 🤞

**Edit to add** I did a little digging, and I found the Go Daddy Refund Policy page. I don't see SSL certificate listed under the Products Not Eligible for Refunds section! Hopefully this helps out when/if you contact them. 😊

Message 12 of 12