x

Cash Payment and receipt

I would like to use the Square Invoice App to process cash payments. Not sure how to do this. About half of my customers pay with cash and I use another invoice app for processing cash but I would like to use this app for both cash sales and credit cards. Is that possible? Can I send the invoice (receipt) to my customers that is marked paid, if they pay with cash? Also, I would like to print out the invoice for a few of my customers who do not have email. Is that possible? 

Message 1 of 17
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

yes, you can accept cash for invoices.  and they cost you nothing for cash invoices.  yes, you can print an invoice.  if a customer doesn't have an email address you will have to use one of yours.  you can create one at Gmail for all customers that don't have an email address as there must be an email address for invoices.  I use our custom domain and I can just create as many email address as I need for those that don't have email.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Super Seller

Best Answer

yes, you can accept cash for invoices.  and they cost you nothing for cash invoices.  yes, you can print an invoice.  if a customer doesn't have an email address you will have to use one of yours.  you can create one at Gmail for all customers that don't have an email address as there must be an email address for invoices.  I use our custom domain and I can just create as many email address as I need for those that don't have email.

Message 2 of 17

how do you process a Receipt for cash payment?

Message 3 of 17
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @Izzybaldwin 👋 If you take a cash transaction, a digital receipt should be produced in the same manner in which a regular card transaction is taken. You can view that receipt from the Transactions tab in your Online Dashboard or POS mobile app.

1. Select Transactions
  2. Locate specific transaction
  3. Select Receipt 

I hope this is helpful! Let me know if you have any additional clarifying questions. 

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 17

Does Square now charge us to key-in a cash or check transaction?  If so, why? And, how do they get that fee from us?

Message 5 of 17

Hey there @BergesBeef

Welcome to the Community! 

A transaction fee is charged is only charged whenever a credit or debit card is swiped, tapped, dipped, or manually entered. 

Please let me know if you have any other questions. 

Kassi
Message 6 of 17

How do i add a transaction if it was a cash payment?

Message 7 of 17

Hello, @srhblair95 - Welcome to the Seller Community!

Can you please provide us with more details related to your question to better assist you. 

What are you trying to add the transaction to? Not sure we fully understand what you are trying to do. 

We will be on the lookout for your reply. Have a good day!

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 8 of 17

Sounds good and doable.

But how to include CASH as a payment option?

Message 9 of 17

@northernlights

You will have to make sure that option is turned on in the settings of your app. Click More > Settings > Type "Payments" in the search bar. 

This is where you will be able to add or remove the payment types you want to offer. 

Kassi
Message 10 of 17

When I take a cash sale and my terminal asks “print receipt” and I say no but it still prints. It’s a waste of paper. How do I fix this?

Message 11 of 17
Alumni

Hmm, is automatic receipt printing enabled in Settings? From the app settings, tap Hardware > Printers. Tap the printer station > Receipts. You'll see an option to print manually or automatically. @Hamcusdes

Justin
Message 12 of 17

That worked well. Thank you for your help.

Message 13 of 17

Sometimes guests want to pay cash. How can I set this up?

Thank you for your help.

Message 14 of 17

Welcome back to the Community, @nothernlights - 

Yes, you are able to take cash payments.

I moved yourpost over to a thread where other sellers have brought up this question & provided some good tips to initiate cash payments. 

Kassi
Message 15 of 17

Last answer was in 2019.  You can send receipts to Cell Numbers now and no email seems to be needed

Message 16 of 17

PS:  Go to the PAYMENTS tab and select 'RECORD CASH TRANSACTION'.

Message 17 of 17