x

Extremely Laggy Website on Mobile

Hi,

I just launched my online store which I was really happy in doing. The process was seamless and got everything ready to go in a matter of a few hours. However, I am experiencing horrible lag on the mobile site and constantly my site is crashing. I sent the link to many of my friends who also experienced the same issue. I even tried changing the layout of the store at the recommendation of a CS member and same problem. 

I noticed the lag begins when entering the delivery address. If anyone can help out, I would truly appreciate it.

Website is: rubensliquorsmiami.square.site

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Super Seller

Hi @joelp96.  I see what you mean!  And, I might be barking up the wrong tree here, but I think I see one definite issue.  Your order page is huge!  You’ve elected to put every product you sell on the main page.  Also, it looks like your product images are extremely high resolution which is another definite problem.  I’d recommend the following:

Instead of putting all of your products on one page, set up your store to display a list of categories.  For your rather large menu, edit your site and go to the store page.  Click Item List, then Customize/Layout & Color at the bottom and choose the third option which will say that it is “best for categorized menus with more than 100 items.”   Save and publish that.  Your customers will now see a navigation bar to go to your various  categories.  Loading will still happen in the background, but for first-time customers initial loading will be much faster.

Try that BEFORE you worry about image resolution/sizes.  This may take care of that for you.

Let me know how that works, if you don’t mind.

Regards,

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!

जो है सो है
Message 2 of 6

First off, thank you for the help. All my CS team said it was bug and deflecting. I changed it to to your suggested layout and it is definitely faster. Any other recommendations to increase speed? Trying to get it as smooth and seamless as possible. 

Message 3 of 6
Super Seller

You’re welcome.  I just went to your page again and it is definitely faster!  Of course, when customers click on a category page, there will be some lag.  However, I’m not seeing the load times to be a problem anymore, even on my iPhone.  It was speedy!  Let me know if you are asking about a specific problem, but so far I think that change should make the initial customer experience much better!

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!

जो है सो है
Message 4 of 6

One more quesiton if you can help with it: Select items are getting pulled into my Most Popular category despite not being popular. How can I fix this? It is not showing as a category in product list so not sure how that happened. 

Message 5 of 6
Super Seller

@joelp96 That’s easy.  It’s just not intuitive.  LOL

1. Edit your website and go to the Order Online Page.

2. Select Item List

3. Select Arrange and Add Items

4. Above your categories you should see two items “Most Popular” and “Recent Orders.”  You can now toggle on/of either of these.

5. Save and republish.
Chip

Website
Facebook

जो है सो है
Message 6 of 6