x

Changing Employee Name on Printed Tickets

We are a restaurant with numerous servers.  We have 2 servers with the same first name, I cannot see a way to change the name on the tickets without changing their payroll information! I wanted to use a nickname for one of them.  This is causing much confusion in the kitchen and with our bussers.  Does anyone have any idea how to solve this problem?

Thank you in advance!

Jayne @JimmysHangTen 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Square Community Moderator

Hi @JimmysHangTen Can you confirm which service you are using? 

Message 2 of 8

I'm not sure what you mean, we are a restaurant using square. Please let me know how to answer your question correctly. Thank you for your help!

Message 3 of 8

Sorry for the confusion. 🙂 I was wondering if there was a specific Square service you are using. i.e. Square POS, Square for Restaurants, Team Management, Square Payroll, etc

Message 4 of 8

Hi Bernadette, we're using POS', Team Management and Payroll for sure, and I think Square for restaurants...? I'm not sure how to check this. Thank you!

Message 5 of 8

Thanks for confirming. That's super helpful! 🙂 Let me do a little digging to see if I can find out if this is possible or not. It definitely seems like something you should be able to do. 

Message 6 of 8

Thank you, I look forward to hearing from you!

Message 7 of 8

Hi @JimmysHangTen Thanks so much for your patience. I was able to find some more information for you. 

You can edit the name under Team section of your Square Dashboard. Once you are on the Team Overview page, click on the name you wish to change, then click "edit" under the Personal Details tab. 

I was advised that this will not change the information within the Payroll system. If you still have questions, please feel free to reach out to our support team, and a rep will get you over to the correct department. 🙂

Message 8 of 8