x

Conflicts during booking through Square Appts / Time Zone issue

Hi,

I am having 2 issues here regarding Square Appointments. Firstly, I am an Samsung s8 user (so I know it's already an uphill battle with the much overdue Square Appts app for Android). I am a hairstylist who uses Square Appts to book clients.

My first issue is booking an appointment through my mobile browser.. I live part time in AZ and I work in NV. When I book my clients in AZ, the time zone is off bc AZ doesn't do DayLight Savings, so my calendar is always off by an hour. I feel like the only option is to "lock" my phone into my preferred time zone (PST), but that seems obnoxious to have to do? Any other way around this?

Second issue would be, that when I go into my mobile site to book appts, it always says that there is a "conflict in my calendar" but there isn't anything there to "conflict" it. No other clients or personal events are there to present that.

Thanks in advance.

Christina

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Square Community Moderator

Hi Christina, 

Time zones and appointments can be a bit tricky, especially for sellers who change locations often like yourself. 

If you or your clients are receiving appointment notifications in the wrong time zone, you can:

• Check the time zone for the affected client from their Client Profile.
  • Check the time zone settings in the Locations tab of the Account & Settings menu.
  • Check the time and date settings on your mobile device or computer from System Preferences.

Your clients can also select a different time zone when they book on your booking website. 

In regards to the conflict message coming up, can you provide more details on when this happens? 

Let me know if this helps!

Message 2 of 5

Hello! I am having sort of the same issue. I am a hairstylist in Arizona and I have my Square Appointments App set on Arizona Time but noticed that all of my clients after March 10th (daylight savings switch), that all my appointments moved down an hour! I had to go through and fix all of my appointments back to where they were originally booked. Why did it do this? My phone is also set to AZ time so not sure what’s happening, as AZ has never dealt with the time change.

Message 3 of 5
Admin

Hello @AKWHair! I'm sorry for all the trouble this has caused. Can you check what time zone is showing in the Settings section of the Appointments app? Tap the three horizontal lines in the upper left > Settings > then tap Business Hours > tap the name of the time zone to make any changes.

I'll keep an eye out for your reply! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 4 of 5

hi i had the same issue.  I think i just figured it out.   So you have to go to your computer not the app and change the buisness timezone along with the timezone uder business hours on your calendar.   Then take the app off your phone or tablet and re install it.   I just did this a minute ago and it changed all my hours back to the right times!   good luck

Message 5 of 5