x

When is Square going to include quantity-based discounts to the Point of Sale and for eCommerce?

It's been over two years (maybe longer) since users began requesting this most basic of features. I can't believe Square hasn't developed a solution for this. The lack of an automatic quantity or criteria-based discount feature significantly restrains the sales and marketing models I'm able to employ, and the workarounds we have to develop and implement greatly complicate our processes and require additional employee training. With respect to e-commerce, it makes selling anything other than the most basic products online almost completely futile without significant user involvement.

How hard can this be? There are several other POS and payment processing options out there with these capabilities, and they're no more expensive than Square. When is Square going to catch up?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

On top of that, just discovered that what simple discounts I had established (using the automatic date range feature) do not pass through to my online store on Square. You can only apply a generic promo code to online orders, and you can't make it product specific. Completely worthless.

Message 2 of 4

I'd also like a response to this, I need a way to have an inventory reducing buy 12 get 3 free solution. That will also work in the online store. It's been literal YEARS since this has been requested.

Message 3 of 4
Admin

Thanks for your posts @smlong79 @WickSt, I'm very sorry for this late reply.

We are still actively working on a solution for quantity-based discounts but I can't share a timeline for when this might be available in the Points of Sale app. We'll post more updates as soon as they're available, but it's definitely on our radar.

You're right the new automatic discounts do not apply to eCommerce orders and we're still tracking that feature request. I understand how important it is! In the meantime, Square integrates with other eCommerce partners who might have a good solution for creating more granular discounts for your online store. I wish I had better news but I hope this helps!

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 4 of 4