x

Connecting facebook to Square online; instagram order food button

We have a small restaurant and have been using Square online for online pick-up and delivery orders.  I found instructions to connect facbook to my Square online site.  Note that I've already put a button on my facebook page with the Square order site URL, and that works, but by "connecting" my facebook account from the Square online page, there is a promise of more possibilities, including "Add order food links to your Instagram bio and stories", which I do want to do.  When I go into my Instagram Professional Dashboard and then into the "food orders" tool, square is not on the list of possibilities there.  

So I'm trying to "connect" facebook from my square online site, but it wants me to log into facebook and looks like it will connect my personal facebook profile, which is not what I want.  My facebook business page is "owned" by my husband's facebook account, and I have manager access to the business page.  So do I need to connect his personal facbook profile or is mine okay to connect since I have access to the business page through my facebook login?

I don't want to do something wrong that is hard to undo.   

I'd also love to hear from anyone who has successfully put an "order food" button on instagram that links to your square order site.

Thanks in advance for any help. 

Jennifer @MitosDoner

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Community Moderator

Hello, @mitos

These actions are a bit complex. I suggest you  address them with our eCommerce Team. The eCommerce team can be reached at 855-700-6000 between 6 am - 6 pm Pacific Time Monday-Friday. If you call outside of these hours, you will be required to enter your Customer Code to validate your account.

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 2