x

Customer Directory - How do I remove a customer group I created?

I created a customer group that I no longer need. How do I delete the customer group?

Message 1 of 11
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Welcome to the seller community, @ctmohio. Good question.

I went to check on this and you can remove a customer group by doing the following:

1. Head over to your Directory tab.
  2. Select the group that needs to be removed from the All Customers drop-down menu.
  3. You'll be directed to the group page where you can select Actions > Delete Group.

Hope this helps clear things up! If my answer solved your problem, would you mind marking it as "Best Answer"? That'll help the rest of the community find what they're looking for. If not, just write back, and I'll continue to help. Thanks!

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Admin

Best Answer

Welcome to the seller community, @ctmohio. Good question.

I went to check on this and you can remove a customer group by doing the following:

1. Head over to your Directory tab.
  2. Select the group that needs to be removed from the All Customers drop-down menu.
  3. You'll be directed to the group page where you can select Actions > Delete Group.

Hope this helps clear things up! If my answer solved your problem, would you mind marking it as "Best Answer"? That'll help the rest of the community find what they're looking for. If not, just write back, and I'll continue to help. Thanks!

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 2 of 11

Thank you!

Message 3 of 11

If I delete a group would the customers in the group go back to the directory?

Message 4 of 11
Alumni

Hey @halemanauto - If you delete a group, the customers that were assigned to it should still be available within your Customer Directory.

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 5 of 11

Thank you.  Used your reply to add a group. Couldn't figure out the "All Customers" drop down after in directory to find "Groups".

Message 6 of 11

Click the drop down arrow next to All Customers, and the groups will appear in the drop down.

Message 7 of 11

Hi. I'm trying to delete a customer group, and can follow your instructions until the point where it says Actions --> Delete.  I cannot find "ACTIONS" anywhere.  Please help.  thanks. 

Message 8 of 11

You have to first select the group you want to delete. You do that by clicking the little down arrow next to 'All Customers' then select the group. The 'Actions' button won't appear before then.

Message 9 of 11
Beta Member

Here's an add on to the original question--I deleted the groups I create and no longer need. But, they still appear as choices when I go to Select Audience when creating an email campaign in Square Marketing, even though they show as having "0" customer names in them. How can I get rid of them altogether so they don't show up as choices?  

Also, the numbers don't add up when I just try to exclude one group by clicking on all the others.  It would be way easier to just have an "exclude this group" option.

For example, let's say I have 500 reachable customer, and I just want to exclude "Group D" which has 10 customer. In theory, if I click include every group except Group D, I should have a send count of 490, but it never works that way, the number is usually a lot less than what it should be. So it's like I have a choice of either sending it to everyone, or sending it to a lower number of customers than what should be available if I only exclude the one group.  Insights anyone?

Message 10 of 11

I have the same problem that I cannot remove  group, cannot remove a location, and the total numbers of clients in a group never match up.  This is not the best booking system.  I have had many issues but have not had the time to research others.  When I finally call, they say they are aware of the glitches.  Wow.

Message 11 of 11