x

Discounts are not appearing on Invoices

Hi! I just sent a Square invoice to a customer for 2 items I am mailing out from my retail store. Since the customer is a friend, I extended a discount to her on each item. On my draft invoice, the discounts showed up. When I looked at the copy sent my friend, the discounts don't appear as line items. The total at the bottom reflects the discounts, but unless you do the math, you may not notice a discount was applied. 

I wish the discounts would appear as line items on the invoice so that my friend would know that I gave her (quite a large) discount. 

Anyone else having this problem? Square, do you have a fix for this? 

Thanks! Lesley 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Admin

Hello @lesley3000! It's strange that she's not seeing anything for the discounts! How is your friend viewing the invoice? On their computer/mobile device? 

On your customers' version of the Invoice each discount should be listed as a line item, but the discounts appear together in a section just below the items. The discounts don't appear immediately below each item, which a lot of people expect. 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 2 of 6

Thanks for your response. I copied this (below) directly from the invoice. No discounts are listed anywhere - but they were indeed applied. ($128 plus $138 at full price would be $266 -- I gave her 15% off the $128 and 20% off the $138 so the total is correct...  $219.20.)

The only thing I have deleted off of this copy is the customer's name and email address. Discounts are not shown at all on this invoice. Just copying here so you can see what I am talking about. 

Thanks!

Invoice Sent
$219.20 due on July 5, 2018

Effie's Heart Anchor Dress & Squasht Dress in New York Print
Invoice #00047
July 5, 2018
Customer
Erin M

We appreciate your business!
Effie's Heart Napoli Dress Anchors Print
$128.00
Large

Squasht Shoulder Tie Dress in New York Print with Green Skirt
$138.00
We love mixing two interesting fabrics together to create a new look. In this case, a black and white printed top pairs wonderfully with a leaf green skirt. The look is so fresh. The bodice features our New York print with a V-neck both in front and back. Tie the shoulder straps at the top of your shoulders for the ultimate in adjustability. There is a little elastic channel in the waistband of the skirt which makes the fit nice and easy. Patch pockets top off the look, it is a Squasht dress after all. The material is soft, high-quality jersey knit rayon/lycra blend with a lot ofstretch.Available in sizes XS, S, M and L. Comfortable, high quality jersey knit rayon/spandex blend. Please machine wash delicate and hang to dry for optimal care. See sizing chart below.Made in Chicago, IL, U.S.A.  
Medium

Free Shipping!!
$0.00
Subtotal
$219.20
Out of State - Tax Exempt
$0.00
Sales Tax
$0.00

Total Due
$219.20
Message 3 of 6
Admin

Thanks for circling back with that information, @lesley3000, and sorry for the confusion this is causing.

I went to check on this and everything should be working as expected with the discount amounts displaying just above the subtotal line. If you haven't already, can you get in touch with our Customer Success team so that they can take a deeper dive into this specific invoice payment? They'll be able to escalate internally, if necessary. Hope this helps clear things up—let us know if you have any other questions.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 4 of 6

Thanks Tom,

The discounts are still not appearing. I just sent another invoice and had the exact same issue. 

I will get in touch with the Customer Success Team.

Thanks! - Lesley 

Message 5 of 6
Admin

Shucks, sorry to hear it. Thanks for helping us maintain your account's security and taking the time to send in some example payments directly. Our Customer Success team will be able to get to the bottom of it. 🙂

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 6 of 6