x

How does a modifier work?

I ran a hair store abf have diferredi size bundles you can either order ypur bundles individually or get one of my deals. For example you can a bundle of 16,16,16 for xyz amount or 18,20,22 for xyz amount. Are my deals considered modifiers?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Admin

Hello @DiamondMaddox

Modifiers allow you to add a modification/additional options to an item. For example, if have different sized items you could create modifiers for Small, Medium and Large. 

It sounds like you're looking for discounts rather than modifiers. With a discount you can apply a specific percentage or dollar amount discount to a sale. (It's not possible to apply a discount to a specific item.)

If you have a special bundle you could create an item with that bundle name, calculate the discount, and then the the item price with that discounted amount. Keep in mind that could 'upset' your inventory as the item bundle won't count each piece included your inventory. The bundle sale would count as 1 sale in your inventory. 

Hope this helps but if you have any other questions about this please let me know!  

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 2 of 6

Thank you 

Message 3 of 6

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: Modifier help.

I need help with the Modifier function. I've searched way too long and couldn't find the answer. Here's my trouble. Let's say I want to sell "Item A" at $1.00 each. Yet, I want to also a discount on "Item A" if purchased in multiples. Example; 5 at .75 cents each, 25 at .50 cents each, etc. When I tinkered with the Modifier the only thing it did was to add the additional modifier price to the original "one item" price. I'm stuck and don't know what to do. I'm trying to get my store up and running and this has put a halt to getting to that. Yes, I'm a noob and very confused on the modifier function. Is there any way I can successfully set up the modifiers for each item I wish to offer using the above example? As I'll have a few thousand items I wish to list with multiple price options, any assistance is greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time and patience.

Message 4 of 6
Admin

Welcome to the Community @Kennyw! I've added your post to this thread where I helped another seller who asked a similar question.

You could create discounts as mentioned above, or if you have different prices for the same item you can create different price points for that item. That way at checkout when you select Item A, you'll be prompted to select the appropriate price before charging your customer.

Don't hesitate to reply here or search for other threads if you have any other questions about getting started! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 5 of 6

Thank you Helen. Appreciate the assist. I will tinker with this option then follow up with results.

Kenny.

Message 6 of 6