x

Do I need the Terminal Hub?

I have no idea what I'm doing, I ordered the terminal, just opened it. Now what? Do I need the Hub? Do I have to have an Ipad?? Do I have to have a Square cash drawer?? I don't have any of those items, just the terminal. Help please!

Message 1 of 4
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi there, @CHAIRministries! Welcome here to the Seller Community. We are happy to see you join us here. 

Congrats on receiving your Square Terminal - I think you are going to love it! 

In regards to getting started with your Terminal, I would recommend taking a look at this helpful resource. It will not only provide the best information for setup, but it goes into depth with usage practices and helpful videos for instruction.

In regards to the hub and potential cash register connection, the Terminal is designed to be a mobile stand-alone device, but the hub can be used to attach peripheral devices like a barcode scanner or a USB-based cash drawer. By no means are any attachments required - but they are helpful depending on your business needs.

Feel free to reach out if you have any more questions!

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Best Answer

Hi there, @CHAIRministries! Welcome here to the Seller Community. We are happy to see you join us here. 

Congrats on receiving your Square Terminal - I think you are going to love it! 

In regards to getting started with your Terminal, I would recommend taking a look at this helpful resource. It will not only provide the best information for setup, but it goes into depth with usage practices and helpful videos for instruction.

In regards to the hub and potential cash register connection, the Terminal is designed to be a mobile stand-alone device, but the hub can be used to attach peripheral devices like a barcode scanner or a USB-based cash drawer. By no means are any attachments required - but they are helpful depending on your business needs.

Feel free to reach out if you have any more questions!

Joe
Message 2 of 4

Thank you for replying, I will go to the helpful resource that you suggested.

Message 3 of 4

Awesome, sounds good @CHAIRministries. Feel free to reach out if anything else comes up!

Joe
Message 4 of 4